Badass Dragons of the Wasteland - Round Four

Wait wait wait wait…

So mechanics can upgrade any stat 1:1 RP, not just HP?

What does ‘unlimited parts’ mean?

This bear of very little brain is getting confused.

Mission 1 does look dicey, but bloody happy to have a go. Mission 3 obviously suits as well.

There does seem great emphasis on the communications co-ordination between teams.

Having donated 5LP to the Wrench Gang, I retain 8 LP for whatever might be available at the fix-up table. One of those guns would make Perky and I more comfy.

Reminds me of … uh … never mind, eh?!

2 Likes

Aha! Bloody good point.

Well… only insofar as they can install Upgrades. They can’t give Upgrades to you, but if you’ve found one (or traded with another Driver for one) and you want to install it (thus making it permanent), you need to do so with a Mechanic. A ridiculous formality, really, since it costs them nothing.

But RP are only applicable to HP repairs.

We no longer have to purchase parts packages at junkyards anymore, since we raided so many from Stretch’s joint. Repair used to be limited by how much you could spend on parts and labor. Now it’s limited only by how much the Mechanics can handle.

So I hope we don’t lose anymore Mechanics. Only 3 are active, last time I checked.

2 Likes

((ooc:
I laughed so hard I scared the cats :smile:
))

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m confused as to what this means. Does this mean that the Round 3 upgrades are available for this as well, as we have access to the same junkyard?

Overhaul (+12 EN) - 8 LP
Wet Weather Tires (+8 MV in the wet) - 6 LP
High-speed Gearbox (+15 SP) - 10 LP - Not compatible with Close-ratio Gearbox
Close-ratio Gearbox (+15 MV) - 10 LP - Not compatible with High-speed Gearbox
Cannibal toes (+0 to +5 LK each) - 2 LP each

Not quite. Stretch’s spare parts inventory was scattered throughout the junkyard, but he kept those particular Upgrades (along with a few other goodies) in the safe.

We’ll need to open that safe before we can access its contents. Let’s see how the skull-hack goes.

pulls sledgehammer from trunk

I think I might be able to get that safe open.

You don’t need a combo is Detroit. Let me show you kids how we roll where I’m from.

That safe cannot be destroyed, Knife, son of Spork, by any craft that we here possess.

2 Likes

I know a chap who might be able to help…

2 Likes

Give me the safe, 24 hours, four men, a small boy, a medium sized horse, and whatever I can scrounge from Stretch’s junkyard and I will get it open.

2 Likes

What? No skeet shoot party for Channing? I was kind of looking forward to a good old fashioned test of skill.

If there are some extra nutters out in the waste I suppose I better hang back and protect the convoy in 2B. This Toecutter fella sounds like he has a horrible hobby. Hmm, hey Cougar, is this where our source of cannibal toes comes from? Yuck.

OOC: @penguinchris Would it be possible to update the spreadsheet? I’m pretty sure Fink’s values are slightly off (FP), and it’d be nice to see the updated HP totals.

1 Like

I believe it has been updated:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmjdwXdRMixFdFdtMzFRbm96SVU3RjdDbFRacTlZb0E&single=true&gid=3&output=html

1 Like

Hey,

Those of you with Jane’s (that’s me!) Super Secret Spy Club experience may be able to help with the ciphers and puzzles this round, although you don’t have to… anyone who does help with ciphers and puzzles this round will also gain admittance to Jane’s Super Secret Spy Club!

4 Likes

Well Cougar made it sound like we’d need a real show of force at the Citadel. In fact I think I heard the phrase a few mules or some such. I’m leaning in that direction, though I can’t say I look forward getting hitched to things that pull me more than I pull them.

7 Likes

Jane,

I appreciate all the work you’re doing. But could we please get those .50 cal’s passed out, somehow, so that we can plan the missions?

My first choice is to follow thelead of Jack “knife” boyer @drman321 and pass the weapons to cars more effective for the missions. My second choice is Channing Hundters @gwwar suggestion to auction them off, and sprean the proceeds to others. I have bid 3 LP, Desmond Baltar @SteampunkBanana, The Major @peregrinus_bis, and Mike “nervous” @kingannoy have all bid 2 LP ( I think I missed someone).

As time is of the essence, I am also fine with taking Sir Gonville’s @daneel idea of just passing out the guns randomly .

But whatever you want to do, please do it soon so we have some certainty.

Thank you.

– Bubba Zanetti

p.s. It’s really a shame you didn’t get to meet Toecutter. His deeply knowledgeable and could have added much t your book.

Hey, listen, sure I’m holding on to the .50 cals for you, but as far as I’m concerned you all can decide what to do with them. And I’m not messing up my bodywork figuring out how to mount those things on my own car.

Personally, I’m for distributing them to those who need them for the upcoming mission. We’ve been digging through the parts we scavenged from Stretch and so far we haven’t found anything useful as an offensive weapon, but we’re trying to figure some stuff out to jerry-rig if necessary. For now, you should figure out who needs them for the mission with the assumption that nothing more will be available.

(keep in mind for planning purposes that we do know for sure that there is a significant amount of weaponry stored in The Citadel… most of it already attached to vehicles with Drivers, of course)

If you want to set this in stone with me ASAP, tell me what you’re interested in doing with the guns and I’ll make the arrangements.

Regarding Toecutter, I am of course quite familiar with his supposed exploits. I’ve surmised that that having a nice chat and sharing knowledge with me for a book that most of the population is unable to read is not high on his list of priorities, but I can’t help but feel disappointed that I won’t have the chance to ask, it’s true. Anything he may have privately discussed with you that may be useful to the rest of us, regarding upcoming plans or just general information about the wastelands ahead, well… that might be valuable information.

1 Like

Which mission are you running this time around, Jane?

Any chance there’ll be an equal amount of team members and salvage? Or that salvage will be directly assigned?

I’m asking for a friend.

Not quite so secret now you’ve told us all about it…

Nervous Mike - feeling a little cocky

I would love to see that citadel abandoned factory from the inside! In my motherland we have little to fear, there was never any big fauna to mutate, we have no mountains to instill a fear of heights, this has maybe made me overconfident. I’ll go for mission one.

Since we were talking about a show of force, I see there is a vital stat missing from the charts. Intimidation! Some cars make a bigger first impression then others, (@funruly) Junior springs to mind with the EARACHE but I don’t think I’m doing that bad myself with two mini guns on my hood and two .50 cals on the roof.

Especially in a situation like this at this crumbling factory building filled with big headed goons there is a definite need to impress. I can even install my rocket launcher in the middle of the roof for extra FP and visual intimidation if needed!

I’m still in the market for more upgrades by the way, I’ll gladly up my standing offer of 2 LP for a extra gun to 4 LP.

3 Likes