Badass Space Dragon 2.0 - Registration

Yes, some of us Captains have been around a while, we’ve seen a lot, and yes, some of us did participate in earlier chapters of Charybdis. But we also tell a lot of stories. Even those of us who claim to have “been there” don’t agree on much. Feel free to read the archives if you want, but all you need to know is:

Enjoy Today. Make Money. Stay Alive.

A little bit more background:

1. Bars. Captains frequently gather at popular watering holes, a vital source of Charybdian culture and intellectual advancement. For example, the observation “drunk androids are always the life of the party” led directly to the formulation of the annihilatory Turing test. The TARD-iss was a popular destination: the best view and worst drinks in the galaxy. The Inflatable Pub may be a similar venue this time around. There are many such drinking venues, some more public than others. Start your own!

2. Sssspace LIzardsssss. The Herpeton system has produced a dynamic culture of cold-blooded space-faring reptiloids that have had an impact on Charybdis greatly exceeding their numbers. Despite all claiming to have impoverished upbringings on remote worlds, they often have fancy ships, wield exceptional narrative power, possess an uncanny knowledge of 70s and 80’s camp culture, and spend a distressing amount of wide-frequency bandwidth discussing their cloacas.

3. Booze. Captains exchange booze as favors. This is not done through Unizone corp or its minion patrace. Rather, just announce it in post. Bonus points for the more exotic and rare liquors. Charybdis is rich in these.

4. About me, David Falkayn. My actions can be traced to my moral imperative: self-interested co-operation is the basis for all success. I enable sentient beings to co-operate to enhance their own situation; the more prosperous sentient beings there are in the universe, the greater and more varied my profit opportunities. I have spent countless hours and unseemly amounts of money nurturing these cooperation projects. It’s been very profitable. Translating my moral imperative into the complexities of each situation can get erudite, so I frequently use the slogan

Enjoy Today. Make Money. Stay Alive

…and if you’ve read this far, let me know. I’d like to drop by and share a bottle of Cerulean Östelwein with you. It’s sublime. and blue.

10 Likes