Badass Space Dragon 2.0 - Round 3 - Ship Local

I hereby publicly acknowledge that this matter has been settled. The Arbitration Panel chose B, and the b30.0 has been refunded to my account.

Misunderstandings of this nature are an unfortunate but typical feature of insterstellar commerce. I applaud the promptness and attention to detail of the Unizone accounting department in bringing this matter to a rapid conclusion.

I consider this matter to be closed, satisfactorily.

– David Falkayn
Captain, Muddlin’ Through

p.s. Azdell does appreciate the key chain, and thanks you for generosity.

8 Likes

Coward, you should have taken on @patrace in single combat. You are barely living once.

8 Likes

How does that support any of these three?

Enjoy Today. Make Money. Stay Alive

Also, I sort did take on patrace: I sic’ed Richard “Racehorse” Haynes on him, which for many deponents has been a fate worse than death.

4 Likes

Stupid “high level executives” don’t wouldn’t know a good toaster oven pizza if it bit them in the face.

7 Likes

12 Likes

Is that what you kids are calling it these days?

7 Likes

14 Likes

12 Likes

Hey ~hiccup~ Fallycane. Sstar Trader… You ever trade for things that don’t go in boxes, like …votes?

3 Likes

Ohhhhhhhh, I have always wanted my very own internets. :heart_eyes: I promise to take good care of it, keep it neutral, and see if I can remove the NSA from it by Monday.

7 Likes

11 Likes

“From where I’m sittin’, I reckon that falls pretty squarely under Enjoy Today, no?”

4 Likes

I’ve been asked to recount the tale of how I earned that b60 tip. Well, by not telling how I earned that b60 tip, thank you.

10 Likes

What happens on The ISS My Daughter Drew This,
stays on The ISS My Daughter Drew This.

6 Likes

While waiting for the mission details to be confirmed, Browf is bumming around at Duck’s Pond.

“Duck, I know you probably have spoken more words to Dakota than I have…”

Duck nods in agreement.

“And you know that the Cosmosword is currently a one-moose crew…”

Duck lowers his head, to lock eyes disapprovingly.

“No no no, nothing like that… look I think she would be a good fit as a crewman on the Cosmosword. She’d have her own quarters, and would operate the comms array, watch sensors… nothing that BAMBI can’t do of course, but having another pair of hooves on the ship would mean quicker turn around.”

Duck motions to her booth across the way. “Then hire her, she’s good for a lot,” pouring another glass of Kongakut wine, “and take this with you.”

. . .

“May I sit here? Miss Hoofington, I never thanked you for the favour you did for me the other day”, says Browf.

Looking up, Dakota “What was that again? Oh the guy with the ancient translator. Yeah, no problem.”

I knew Mom pulled that thing out of forgotten history…

“Look, I heard you were looking for work, and I’ve got an opening on the Cosmosword for a crew member”

“That weird boat that looks like a hoof? Yeah, maybe… what’s the pay like?”

“I’d pay you b4.0 a mission, and you’d have your own quarters. You’d help out in any way you can. Assuming you’re available…?” (@patrace?)

“Hrm… let me get back to you. You’re shipping out soon?”

“Not long now, Dakota. If you can make it before we leave, you’ll be most welcome.”

10 Likes

~ We are all @patrace ~

words from the teachings of Monk Jonk

4 Likes

Dakota takes another look at the Cosmosworld, the ship looks pretty beat up but it does have some fire power.

Yeah, I’m up for an adventure and I can see you’ve made it through some scrapes. Make it b5.0 per mission and promise me you won’t get me killed. I’m in.

Dakota Hoofington is now a member of your crew. Please list a b5 crew fee in your mission selections as long as you wish to employ her. You receive +1 GRIT while you retain her services.

Edit: Probably goes without saying but no funny business, all the shields are on the outside of that ship.

10 Likes

“Yer right Beard, I never thought those pants would have been appreciated by so many.”

7 Likes

Apologies STOP Last transmission nebulously incoherent STOP Meant to indicate b30 Deferred Signing Bonus was supposed to be applied to weighted random number generator as per following clauses from contract STOP

I probably should not have this free money FULLSTOP

3 Likes

He probably had the soup. Man, some people just don’t listen to good advice.

8 Likes