Badass Space Dragon 2.0 - Round 4 - Cube Farm

Mission Q & A

Could a captain (say, a desperate, indebted captain) try to hack an inactive captain’s StarBit accounts to mine for StarBits?

There is a 0% chance of cracking the universal monetary unit given available skills and resources. You may try to persuade the slumbering captains to pitch in for common cause (or just for you) before I wipe them from the rolls.

Could a captain (say, a comfortable, flush-with-StarBits captain) register a will bequeathing his account to another captain? In the event of a bad event, for example. For insurance or bargaining purposes, you see.

Yes. A will takes one week to process and verify. They may only include StarBits and salvage rights and can be posted publicly or private messaged to the GM. Salvage rights will only pay out if a ship is destroyed by something inanimate like an asteroid.

Are parts transferable ship to ship? Several of the craft certainly have skilled enough mechanics and engineers.

Yes. You can use the same command you use in currency exchange to transfer SH, FP, EN and ST between ships. LK, GRIT and HP may not be redistributed. None of these things can be willed.

Ex: give @daneel 4 FP

Due to time constraints, you can only move up to 4 units of each stat per week.

Can we transfer items?

Yes. You can use the same command you use in currency exchange to transfer Items between ships. Items are clearly labeled “Item” in your weekly summaries.

Ex: give @otherMichael Bee Hive

Is it possible to stock up on Unizone parts, declare a Unizone mission, but then wheel about and do some task for Ella, having conducted some back-channel communications prior? If “possible”, are there negatives involved in this scenario (damage, etc) ?

You can try but Unizone is riding herd on their debtors this week and stepping out of line means you’re likely to be made into an example for the rest of the fleet. You’re still running their software and hardware. It would probably be better damage wise to go along with Unizone this round and live to fight another day.

EDIT: For clarity, the answer is very unlikely. It would take incredible luck to come out alive.

Ella - for Mission 3, what counts as “successful” - undetected return? Or “merely” return with HP > 0" ? And meaning no disrespect, but do you require equipage at your depot prior to an undertakement of one of your missions?

Success is measured by the information you gather. We can deduce quite a bit from weapon scarring but it would be more practical and less expensive for you to bring back visual data.

EDIT: To be clear, you have a near 100% chance of success but you might get shot up pretty good.

No purchases are necessary. Any captains who do take our missions will be provided with clean hardware and software even if they don't purchase anything.

Re: Blowing up your ship

Nilah: You’re seriously considering popping your hull? Why? What fun is that for me? Awww mate, don’t be such a sad sack, I promise I won’t kill you out there. I know you’re over a barrel on this one. Just doing your job.

Clak clak click

Nilah: Oh… Well, Crabby says he’s fine with killing you… But show him you’re a survivor, maybe we’ll let you join the gang? Chin up kid, have another drink! On seconds, maybe time for some water.

6 Likes