Badass Space Dragon - Duck's Pond

Nice to know that a dive bar is a dive bar no matter where in the universe I am. I would like a PBR in the can still please and some chips and guacamole. You have Jack White’s recipe?

3 Likes

two words:

AWE SOME

-Falkayn

3 Likes

“Oh don’t give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit
No, don’t you give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit
For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die
Won’t you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit”

3 Likes
3 Likes

Miasma you say? Want to avoid those things like the plague, I hear.

Unfortunate state of affairs y’know. Airlock was already being used by a rather skeptical fellow. The phrase ‘rivers of shit’ springs to mind.
And anyway, I already relieved myself in your ah, someone’s pint. Think I’ll be good for another 30 minutes.

Amazing how much the beer tastes like piss in here, no?

2 Likes

Another one of these beertubes please barkeep, and see if you can find a cold one this time.

Captain Information of the SLS Say Monkey

2 Likes

Jacques returns to the bar pale and shaking. He sits, puts the coaster back under his beer, and takes a sip. It rolls around his mouth for a moment, then back into the glass. His eyes narrow, scanning the room, hunting. And then he finds it.

“Ah, Madame Basehart! I have bought you a drink!”

@monkeyoh
++++++++++++++++++
“Captain” Jacques Malchance
The Entropy

3 Likes

Well aren’t you a gentleman! Thank you!
**downs drink in one gulp **

Care to buy me another, sailor?

4 Likes

“Well, madame! I expect there are more to be had from where that one had come!”

++++++++++++++++++
The Entropy

1 Like

Ah, budding romance!

1 Like

Well, you might wanna tell the bartender to leave the bottle and keep ‘em comin’. You do have a tab running here, right? :beers:

Ah, disappearing Ƀ…

“yes, planet Browf just come from going into ice age. even ice age too cold for moose. move to warmer ice planets.”

“Captain Luckybeard, if I may call you this, why you come Charybdis? rich? adventure? maybe score settle? Browf want make many, many large currency but have fun while make. Here, sip more Valenberry Port.”

2 Likes

“Is that what we’re drinking? My story is long and complex. There was a pig. And a girl. And a movie star. And I hated that pig. Always costin’ me money. And there was this other girl, not the first one, and she was real nice. Anyways, me and the boys got tired of getting shot down by the pig and so we moved on eventually.”

“Fio, that’s the name. The second one. The second girl. And she helped us out with a few ideas and a few dollars and helped get us out of the gravity well far enough to let us go out and roam diffrn’t skyways and get into diff’t scrapes. See the worlds. And their currencies. And, say, this is some kind of nice rippleberry. Beard sez time for nap.”

3 Likes

“Sssolar gogglesss”… now that’sss an old, old tale. Only the sssecond cybernetic enhancement I received after the losss of my armsss, when my credit application wasss finally approved down at the prosssthetic shop. Actually, it was more of an indenture. I learned more about bionic interfacesss and neuro-posssitronic pathway troubleshooting in that shop than I’ve ever needed to utilize sssince in my long yearsss crisss-crosssing the galaxxxy. My third week in the shop was when, in a carelesss moment, I ssshorted the terminalsss on a Cyberdyne T800’s auxiliary grenade ssstorage pocket without my sssolar gogglesss on, and let me tell you, sssissster, the lassst thing you want exploding into your unprotected peepersss is a Terminator’sss ordnance ssscrotum.

My employer, after a hearty laugh that lasssted mossst of the afternoon, eventually fixxxed me up with these:

The glowing red focal nexusesss are a conssstant reminder of the cause of thisss particular augmentation. I think my old bosssss back on Herpeton gigglesss about it to thisss day.

Exxxcuse me, young lady. Thisss Romulan ale isn’t agreeing with me. I think Duck sssold me a bad batch.

Bleeaarrgghh!!!

7 Likes

A week is along time to spend in a dive. Beyond the risks to livers / neuronal implants / control circuits / ion-exchange resins, I am particularly concerned about our Space Lobsters. Three days is a long time to a be in-system for a space lobster. An entire week spent in a small space with biologicals might make some of them… well, you’ve heard the stories.

Maybe you have one of your own.

While the bureaucratic bean-counters at Unizone work out how to get us all killed plan our missions,

let’s construct our own missions

Declare your own excursion. Do some tourism/ trading / hell-raising of your own, and reconvene next week to share the stories / exotic booze / baubles / infections.

Here’s the catch: take another trader with you.

Show another trader your home world. Go with another trader to somewhere you haven’t been before. See how much time you can spend with a Space Lobster. Pull prank on a cyborg Space Moose. Tickle a Space Lizard’s Cloaca. Run far away from my over-long posts. Find a partner, and choose your adventure. Let us know how it goes.

You’ll get the most benefit if your traveling companion is someone you’ve just met. Get to know each other. Learn. Make new contacts in obscure corners of the galaxy – you’re going to need all the friends you can get to survive whats coming. A good way to work with a partner is to use the BoingBoing Private Message system, which can be accessed by clicking o the icon/avatar/ little picture doohickey next to each trader’s post and the clicking the blue “Private Message” box.

For those who can’t find a partner, I’ll happily take folks along with me on Thursday. I’ll post a trip description later.

We look forward to your stories when the two of you (or more) re-appear at Duck’s, the Inflatable Bar, or some even more fabulous bar we don’t even know about yet.

Remember:

Enjoy Today. Make Money. Stay Alive.

10 Likes

“BROWF GREET YOU! this bar smoke so thick. thick as squirrel no let go of spinning bird feed trap”

5 Likes

“Now, Madame, I must inform you that the drink is courtesy of another gentleman, an excellent bonhomme, strong and courageous and vaillant, yet oddly shy around ladies! Why,” Jacques kicks back in his chair and pushes back his cap, glancing about the room. “the great fellow with the handsome beard and the bow-tie! Ah, he even dresses finely in an establishment such as this.”

++++++++++++++++++
The Entropy

1 Like

When Madame Basehart glanced over she saw that Browf and Mamma had been conversing quietly in the corner. Appearing to come to an agreement they nodded, settled their bill with Duck and stepped outside…

4 Likes

Noticing that Madame Basehart notices Browf and Mamma, Quirky Kumquat slinkily slithers into the seat next to her.

Quirky: “The wreck of The Hesperus. It’s just floating out there in the Big-Ass Asteroid Belt, just waiting for someone to swing by and pluck that sweet Sqwawkulon Music Drive out of her console. Two enterprising lizards oughta be able to pull that off, what say? Scoot back here and upload some proper Sqwawkulon jams to the JukeBot here? Waddaya say?”

2 Likes