Badass Space Dragon - Round 5 - The Rift

Ship: Nordstjärnan

Hull Repairs, 70pts.
$3500

Moonshine. Hic…hic…hic. Ah, Don Mondo, we hardly knew ye.
To Don Mondo! Glug. Yes, androids can get drunk.
$4000

Memorial Mondo Cannon, lest the Coalition and its stooges ever forget, or dare lower their shields.
$5000

Armor.
$5000

Fez.
$5000

Outlaw Mission 1: Crystal Quest

Down with the Coalition, long live (in cannon form anyway) Don Mondo!

I’m glad that I’ve got a good enough silicon-to-organic ratio that I can still feel a bit of indignant rage. So, any coalition ships willing to approach close enough to check out my new…hic…hic…hat?

Bah, cowards, hiding behind their puppet masters. Wait, I must get my metaphor subroutine checked, seems bit mangled right now.

Where was I, oh yes…making informed decisions. Yes…hic.

Outlaw Mission 1: Crystal Quest. Seems safe enough to me. Hey, if a little bear can collect crystals in a maze, why can’t a li’l old android, like, hic…me?

2 Likes

– System Note –

My vision was for this game to be a two-week process but we have at least four rounds remaining to END GAME and I’m going to need to spread it out a bit more due to the amount of time it takes to read, calculate, and write each round.

I’ll likely post 3 days this week – M,W,F – I’ll do a finale round next Monday and a tidy, little wrap-up postscript after we’re all done. The new spacing should ensure that people have plenty of time to pick missions and that I have plenty of time to plot the upcoming story branches.

I’ve been really enjoying this, you’re all quite wonderful.

Stay on your toes! :slight_smile:

– System Note –

9 Likes

'Synths don’t have toes; we have digitigrade balancing actuators.

Buuuutttt… We’ll stay on 'em.

2 Likes

Yes, Ella uses much higher end materials. Very eco-friendly. Pete’s more of a “Let’s weld this girder to your ship for armor” kind of guy.

2 Likes

Nope. Just good for in-store purchases… And I would STRONGLY recommend reading up on the Coalition Mission 1, it might influence your decision on how much you want to leave on the table for next turn.

1 Like

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for setting this up and running it. I have had more fun with this game than I have in a long time. Even if Ella is going to gouge me on hull repairs, this whole thing has been a blast.

6 Likes

I hope we are all committed to the dream of free Charybdisss. With that in mind, I would hope that thossse that took on Don Mondo consssider joining usss via A Very Cossstly Missssion or at leassst refussse to attack Pete.

I’m glad that worked out!

Though I think you might need to look at my numbers again. Though I don’t know how to do formatting on this thing to explain.

What numbers should I look at? Just let me know what stat you’re wondering about and I’ll check it.

Money: $230
Store credit: $25000

Hull Repairs 80 x $50 = $4000
Hull Density Adjustment 30 x $300 = $9000
Mondo Cannon 1 x $5000 = $5000
Bit and Pieces 3 x $500 = $1500
Armor 1 x $5000 = $5000
Lucky Penny 1 x $500 = $500

Money left: $230

Mission: Outlaw - Crystal Quest

1 Like

Attacking scrapyard Pete seems like a bad idea all round, [quote=“Agfish, post:9, topic:10971”]
I might also like to talk to some interested parties about a possible defence of Scrapyard Pete. Inveterate tinkering and DIY culture are not the marks of an outlaw.
[/quote]

Attacking scrapyard Pete seems like a bad idea all round, it will probably drive up prices at Ella’s Backwater Botique.

I would however be wiling to help defend Pete’s if needed (after dropping off my crystals of course :wink: )

SH should’ve been 27 before Mission 4 - That might go badly for me. Then I don’t know if +1 Grit & -1 ST Volume to 11 were for starting mission 4 or ending Mission 4

Salvage should make SH 29 & counter ST -1 for volume 11

+15 LK should give me 40LK

Grit should be 13

I think.

Quoted from above so that everything is in one place:

Mission: Coalition Mission 3: $500

Final Remaining Cash: $76180

Ahoy, Pete!

I’m hearing rumoursss that you’re top of the Coalition’sss hit list.

There’sss a berth on the Patty if you want to make yourssself ssscarcsse. Can alwaysss ussse a good engineer.

1 Like

“Volume” stats happened before rolling mission 4. You are correct 29 SH, 40 LK & 13 GRIT. All fixed, clerical errors that wouldn’t have affected any rolls but good to catch before the next one. Especially that +15 LK!!! Way to stay on top of it!

Your special case put me through some hoops :slight_smile:

“self-interested cooperation is the basis for all success.”

Todays is a wonderful day for all of us.

For the few that didn’t make it: they knew the risks, they chose their path, they made their mark on the world when they had the chance. Can any of us hope for more?

Today is a wonderful day, for all of us, for we are free to choose, which is the best possible world. As the Moral Philosopher wrote,

It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the
baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own
interest.

Today we each serve the greater good by seeking to further our own interest. That was my hope for this day, for this is the way to the greatest profits.

Enjoy today. Make money. Stay alive. We have more fights ahead of us.

A few observations:

1. Kudos to Captain_Pedge. How appropriate that the flotilla’s flagship got the got the kill shot.

2. Captain Nixon of Pusillanimous Patty deserves the highest praise. Not only was that space lizard the first to sign up and the most visible target as the flagship, Captain Nixon had the idea to recruit traders who hadn’t yet joined missions. Those five additional ships made the difference. I hereby immediately transfer $2,000 starbucks to Captain Nixon to recognize that Lacertilian work and to encourage more creative thinking. Also, could someone send Captain Nixon some “sushi” from the organ replicator?

3. A Space Lizard invoking the idea of “loyalty” is amusing, but the reality is that the Coalition is simply to strong – and too bureaucratic-- to not obliterate a static, indefensible target like Pete’s junkyard. Better that some of us get the money before the inevitable. Also, traders can pilfer stuff in the name of “salvage”, keeping Pete’s stuff working for us.

4. Pete’s gewgaws may be doomed, but Pete is the real prize. Pete can do more in a Pleiades Nursery than the Coalition can do with a entire planetary drydock. A true Maker. Getting Pete out alive is clearly a job for a stealthy ship – of either “side”. I’ll try to convince him to leave with me, but frankly the Muddlin’ Though is a little too polished (and posh) for his tastes. I’ll pay $1,000 starbucks to whoever gets Pete to a new Makerspace. (Delivering Pete, alive, to I.C.U.P detention may be the best that can be done, but I won’t pay a reward for that).

5. About this “side” silliness. We don’t have “sides” around here. We all have our own reasons. Simplistic “sides” is how the bureaucrats at The Dodecahedron think – which is why we’re going to beat them. If “Take the King’s shilling, do the King’s killing” works for you, great. You’ll have one more shilling for your next trade. I respect that.

6. Go easy on Ella. Starting a new business is always tough, and the smallest cash-flow hiccup can bring down the smartest start-up. She’s in such a delicate position that even a thick-minded I.C.U.P. trade representative can see she is vulnerable to strong arming. Ella may work with the I.C.U.P., but don’t assume she likes them. It’s only business.

7. The I.C.U.P. is panicking. Most obviously they are overpaying for the attack on Pete. More tellingly, I.C.U.P. proxies are doing everything they can – bribing publishers, jailing bloggers, intercepting flights to Peru – to suppress that an entire squadron got wiped out while only scrapping three rookie ships and the Heart of Gold. The I.C.U.P will be back, and on that day our self-interest may lead us toward cooperation

8. We have another angle. Remember that “hot package” some us delivered on Mission 3? Those were not Don Mondo’s people, but they sure were wound tight. The usual chatterers think the sponsor was some upstart mafioso who wants Don Mondo’s hat. Maybe, but the folks I dealt with were well financed and … formal. Didn’t seem like Don Mondo-types at all . More like my erstwhile family. Perhaps the I.C.U.P. is less united than its PR legions claim?

Go have a profitable day – and come back alive.

2 Likes

Well who the hell told Pete and Ella what we were doing? Thank the Supreme Intelligence that neither of them informed on anyone. Yet.

I have reviewed the ICUP bulletin, and am distressed to have lost Captain Beefheart of the Bongo Fury. However, there were four other ships listed destroyed. Where did they come from? Is anyone else familiar with any of them?

It appears that the Quisquiliae sStruem has won the lottery, of sorts. Captain Pedge, we have reviewed our data and it appears we are somehow related! I am sure as an honorable Captain you highly value family. We are currently down on our luck, with a huge repair bill to our ship that insurance won’t cover. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Also, we are excellent accountants, and know all the Space Tax law and can help you file your tax returns.

To our allies who are now branded criminals - if there is something you want from Ella’s I will gladly purchase it for you with a modest 10% mark up. It would be nice to find someone who is willing to do this for me, as there are several items that Pete has I wish to acquire. I have 80lb of BBQ and an embroidered towel with minor bloodstains to sweeten the deal.

I haven’t had the full damage report come in yet, and the crew has earned some shore leave. My full report will entered later today.

ETA - Holy shit - PLEASE tell my Ella’s hull repair price is a typo. A 500% mark up in price?

1 Like

You are too modessst, Captain Falkayn. The day wasss won through your inissshial effortsss to unite usss. You dessserve great credit.

Neverthelesssss, I ssshall accsssept your kind offer out of necsssesssity. We lisssardsss are somewhat carelessss with casssh.

The Patty is the ssstealthiessst sssship in the fleet, and I have already exssstended an offer to Pete, but he may wisssh not to take the risssk of being blown to sssmithereeenssss by exsssploding cryssstalsss (nor do I, but needssss mussst).

(Where did this lisssp come from? I worked for yearsss to hide it out of sssshame, but I fear the ssstressss of the battle with the coalisssion hasss causssed it to return. Now I ssshaall wear it asss a badge of honour. I am a ssspace lisssard - I will hide who I am no longer).

Revisssed sssshopping lissst:

$25,000 ssstore credit
$ 2,000 from Muddlin’ Through

($ 5,000) Cthulhu Fezsss
($ 5,000) Mondo Cannon
($ 5,000) Armour
($ 4,000) Moonssshine
($ 3,000) Bitsss & Endsss x 6
($ 2,400) Hull Densssity Adjussstment x 8
($ 2,000) Hull Repairsss
($ 500) Lucky Penny
($ 100) Charidee

$ 100

Outlaw Missssion 1 : Cryssstal Quessst

Scrapyard Pete’s Outer Space Outfitters
Full Hull Repairs
2x Mondo Cannon
2x Hull Density Adjustment

Outlaw Mission 1: Crystal Quest

1 Like

That would be Krazy D Clown of the Insane1, right? welcome back.

1 Like