Baltimore State's Attorney: Freddie Gray's death was a homicide, charges filed against all 6 officers

Is it actually possible to bang your own head hard enough to break your own neck or mostly sever your own spine? That seems incredibly unlikely to me.

3 Likes

Even if we believe that he was banging his head against the van that doesn’t change the fact that he was put in there for no probable cause with no seat belt 5 times, which she stated was against a standing order. That he requested a medic, and that later when he was unresponsive they still drove him to the police station and then got medical attention for him after he was not breathing. I think there is a list of charges so that even of the most egregious ones don’t stick the others do. Listening to the whole story from the prosecutor doesn’t make it sound good for these bad police officers.

1 Like

You’d want to find a way to drop yourself.

But even more unlikely when it happens regularly while be transported by the police.

I hope the DA is ready to put all hands on deck & fully investigate the practice including previous victims to show a pattern. It’s just too obvious that the police killed him, an acquittal or like will burn the city to the ground. People can only take so much as the protestors have shown, to have justice offered & then snatched away will be too too much much.

They’ll need to have every duck in a row and follow up the ladder when investigating the practice reveals higher ups knew about it and other abuses. More than these 6 will fall if the job to get these 6 is done right.

5 Likes

I would think failing to put him in a seat-belt amounts to a planned assault.

1 Like

What happens when (rare though it may be) a former police officer goes to prison for something serious like manslaughter or murder? Does he go in with the general population, spend his time in solitary, get special housing or what?

I’m not so sure- the police are bound to stop people from hurting others or themselves.
I think it’s pretty clear they’ve missed the second half of that.

1 Like

Damn, that was kind of exhilarating.

MOSBY FOR PRESIDENT.

1 Like

He learns not to drop the soap.

And if you think that’s amusing, you’re part of a larger problem.

I can’t wait until Mosby runs for Mayor of Baltimore. I will cast my vote for her. She’s 35 and a total bad ass, and also comes from a police family (mother, father, etc.) Her credibility and willingness to go against the gangster Fraternal Order of Police is so refreshing. Now we need to go after the FOP for racketeering. What a shameful organization.

1 Like

Classic shmosby!

1 Like

http://www.usprisonculture.com/blog/2015/05/01/some-thoughts-on-the-run/

P.S. That same State’s Attorney is also likely to be prosecuting protesters and so called ‘looters.’ She’s the STATE’s attorney. Not the “people’s attorney.” Please stay awake. Challenge the conventional narratives that you will be fed. Always be critical. (thanks to Tamara Nopper for always being on the ball).

2 Likes

There may be some history repeating itself…

Deprived of heart murder.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s amusing. I asked simply because I didn’t know, and wanted to fill in that blank spot on my mental map of the world.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.