Bank lobbyists are scared to meet with AOC because she might humiliate them on Twitter later

I suspect Hillary’s problems are going to seem like a love fest compared to the lies they’re going to spread about @AOC.

6 Likes

They certainly got a lot of play out of dresses and dancing. And when in doubt, make things up. I imagine there are a lot of people subhumans out there that still think Pizzagate was real.

2 Likes

She’s already connected with swampy insiders, just look how she dresses now, and she’s even got an apartment in DC! Already an insider! So sad!

And her first piece of legislation is going to give all of your money to people who don’t care to work. She clearly knows nothing about the world.

3 Likes

AKA “Feed the beast.”

4 Likes

Won’t someone please think of the lobbyists? /s :rofl:

5 Likes

I really do not understand all the attention she is getting.

I mean is her thing that she refuses to compromise her values?

Because that’s the whole thing with the House for the past decade or two, they don’t make any laws, at all, anymore. Except to maybe rename Post Offices. Seriously.

Wake me up where then are a dozen of her and they are able to motivate other congress people to vote for her bills.

Right now she is just an excuse for people to say later “okay well we tried having progressives like her but it failed”.

Let her be and check the results in a year or two. I don’t see how the incredible attention helps her get anything done?

Or am I missing something?

1 Like

Only that she is the only one making waves and getting attention. The rest of the party quietly suckles at the lobbyist teat.

McConnell is going to try and shut her up by bringing her Green bill to a vote and watch it fail. Me thinks it will not shut her up.

13 Likes

She’s giving all my money to rich lobbyists, too. And then she’s giving it all to poor people again! And cancer patients!

1 Like

Having an attack of the vapors, are we?

3 Likes

I’ll just leave this here, Tumblr-style.

ezgif-5-ceea6453631d

ezgif-5-4e3599598faf

ezgif-5-e5ad35d1b143

12 Likes

Only the finest bribery and corruption! :persevere:

5 Likes

I’m less optimistic about the reason for the freaking out. After decades of addiction to loopholes, fraud/theft, and reporting increasing profits every year, they get the shakes at the mere hint that someone might delay or eliminate their annual fix bonuses.

2 Likes

Color me more hopeful. Now, I certainly don’t think we’re on the verge of overthrowing the kleptocrats. The Earth is going to continue to face many challenges. But could I see us turning a corner, possibly? Yes, yes I do. There will always be idiots. But I think most people are simply sick of the bullshit. And even if Trump and other nasty folks can win over, say, a third of the population — let’s be honest, it’s an increasingly irrelevant and isolated minority. That’s my read, anyway.

i remember paul wellstone, too.

6 Likes

Obligatory:

4 Likes

I didn’t say that. You said that.”

Nathan Thurm, bank lobbyist

5 Likes

Just wait until her 2028 campaign for president.

3 Likes

They ARE reading the room. They’re just in a different one than the rest of us.

1 Like

Question as a British person: Why are corporations allowed to make campaign donations? Doesn’t it create a conflict of interest instantly?

3 Likes

Good question - why do we Brits allow it?

2 Likes