Republican lawmaker who dared AOC to come visit coal miners in his constituency gets scared, withdraws offer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/17/andy-barr-coward.html

22 Likes

I find it funny how Republicans are running scared of 2 small young ladies and an old man.

83 Likes

Wow, what a surprise that Republican offers, arguments and statements in general aren’t being made in good faith! I am so shocked! Shocked! (Although, of course, there’s also the issue that he may have realized, too late, that he was handing her a platform to prove her policies aren’t for a “urban coastal elite,” but the very people he’s (mis)representing.

43 Likes

Anyone who has the courage to stand up and say the Emperor’s Combover is f’ing Ridiculous (also, put some damn clothes on, yeeesh!)

If Hilary had been elected with this much help from the Ruskies, she’d have been torn limb from limb in the public square. Imagine Chelsea Clinton answering the GRU ‘you got dirt on mr peepee tape, I love it!’ then meeting with the russians and saying it was all about adoptions…

13 Likes
17 Likes

She could always call up United Mine Workers and ask them if they would give her some tours. She could even invite Barr to go along with them! I bet the workers have a lot to talk with their local representative about.

59 Likes

If that truth clicks in enough communities before November 2020, we might just oust the bastards. Assuming Trump doesn’t cancel the election.

18 Likes

Exactly.

I am thinking she should tell Rep. Andy Barr “Let’s do this together.” could yield some interesting results.

I am thinking that Rep. AOC should attend his town hall meeting incognito for some insightful observations, and some well placed questions.

12 Likes

This is a good read.

“Sanders was touting Medicare for all when the Fox News moderators Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum asked the audience members to raise a hand if they currently receive health insurance from an employer. Many hands went up. And by a show of hands, how many would be willing to switch to the health-care system that Sanders was proposing instead? Almost everyone appeared to raise a hand again—a result that seemed to surprise the moderators, who had already told viewers that the group in the auditorium was ideologically diverse.”

28 Likes

Do it…
Do it
Do it
Do it
DO IT…
& Have FUN!!!

22 Likes

Republicans are all backwards thinking lying cowards who can’t face reality without name calling it, and don’t actually give a damn about their constituents

8 Likes

So. Is she unable to visit if a rep doesn’t “invite” her? :thinking: My thinking is that she should just go anyway, she don’t need no man tell her she’s invited or not.

34 Likes

No good, the media would tell us she stepped over the line, and we would believe them.

3 Likes

AOC is not enough, and most Democrats are still way too spineless. Pelosi pointed out that Medicare is a poor system, and it would have to be fixed before Medicare for all would work. Which it is, Medicare is incomplete, you need private supplemental health plans too, and it underpays doctors. But, of course, Democrats like Pelosi have contributed mightily to hobbling Medicare over the years, and cut it to the bone and then deeper still.

I love AOC’s thinking, and speaking - but those few new representatives are not enough yet to bring about big changes in Congress, although they may bring about big changes in the electorate.

11 Likes

And the truth. That truth thingie scares the livin’ bejezuz of those republican boys

8 Likes

After the disinvitation, her spokesman Trent said,”we still have open borders with Kentucky. She does not need Barr’s permission to go there.”
So it sounds like she is thinking along the same lines as you.

27 Likes

Its tough to be afraid of something one is entirely unfamiliar with. :grinning:

2 Likes

“Kentucky is one of those shithole states. We don’t want any legislators from there showing up in DC asking for a handout.”

6 Likes

I don’t think that she would be scared of criticism by any stretch of the imagination. She’s also savvy enough to make things work in her favor.

6 Likes