Banksy in the Calais "jungle" reminds us that Steve Jobs was the "son of a Syrian migrant"

!!!

3 Likes

Like these guys?

Wake up. You can’t fix everyone. It’s not your job.

The admirable Mr Holtz has kinda decided, from what I’ve read that he’s posted, that it’s his job to at least try. He even has a plan and everything. Which trumps vague pronouncements about tides of illegal immigrants and a YouTube video IMO.

9 Likes

Um, anyone who was part of “The Coalition of The Willing” is responsible for their situation. Deal with it.

6 Likes

Oh agreed, that’s the problem. The ussssa-r is quite a dynamic duo in regards to making people have a happy, fulfilled and safe life.

Your mentioning the Second World War does raise an interesting question, though. Would you say that the influx of refugees from Europe to the States before WWII was of benefit to the Allied war effort, or was it a disbenefit?

2 Likes

10 Likes

In my opinion, and in the opinion of congress making law in the past for the safety of its citizens and the immigrants themselves, following the basic tenements of a logical immigration policy is a benefit to the United States; whether it be a refugee, or not.

Like Steve’s dad.

Doesn’t quite answer the question I asked, though, does it? Have you not read that bit of history?

1 Like

So to be clear, are you backing Donald?

To be clear - I am not.

5 Likes

Right there with you pal!

And what’s most logical during a humanitarian crisis?

Drive them into the sea, I say! It’ll toughen them up, and dead people pose much less of a risk to our interests.

If only more people could sensibly and logically come around to our way of thinking. Not only is it easier on the old frontal lobes but we don’t have to consider silly impracticalities like ‘humanitarian ideals’ or ‘empathy’. Gosh darn it, those are likely to get a man killed. “Beware thy neighbour,” the bible said, and I follow Jesus! What would Jesus do? Hang them up on crucifixes probably!

Give em an inch and they’ll take a mile, better to round them all up and put them out of our misery, am I right or am I right or am I right?

19 Likes

Hey! I don’t want no fluffer-nutter, airy fairy, pie in the sky, head in the clouds, flimsy-flamsy liberal fascists ‘liking’ my comment ironically!

You have made an enemy today!

Mark my words!

16 Likes

What does Jesus have anything to do with the subject at hand.

Cat lady?

7 Likes

Have you accepted Jesus as your saviour?

Trust me, when the shit hits the fan, you will want Jesus in your corner, coming out swinging when he goes to bat!

At times, It can be tough being the only voice of reason in an otherwise crowded grist mill like the old boingboing, but with perseverance, and implacable guidance from on high, we can stoically reform this den of vipers.

Now, I’m not saying that accepting Jesus is a prerequisite, just that it gives one an immovable foundation from which to launch attacks on these ideologues.

You seem like a sane person, and whilst I wouldn’t want you to feel like I’m pressuring you, won’t you at least consider letting him into your life? It gives this whole business of education a deep and abiding background of universal agency. I mean, who doesn’t want to go to bat for the all-mighty?

8 Likes

Thanks! And I do, consider yourself remembered when the takeover begins.

:wink:

4 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

That Jesus, he was one mighty batterist. I remember once, I offered to go to bat too, but he said no worries, he could go to bat for the whole team. He was turning singles into homeruns, loaves into fishes, and opponents’ tears into victory champagne!

Jeez, I really miss that guy. He was magic!

14 Likes