Bar needs new human toe after mystery man consumes their mummified garnish

[Permalink]

I dont understand why this is a thing. Was it like a dare or something?

1 Like

The article talks all about the history of the thing.

Hopefully if I don’t check bb for the next few hours this thing will be below the fold.

2 Likes

“You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o’clock this afternoon.”

18 Likes

Do they not have health codes in Yukon? XD

Casual Cannibal?

Eww. He might get pto(e)maine poisoning.

3 Likes

Ewww? Not sure if this is quite unicorn-worthy, but it IS about meal-time…

Boy, I will bet they will Miss Ole Toe up there…

1 Like

Sounds like a badass. I like to imagine that the shit-knife guy did it.

2 Likes

Since he footed the bill, what’s the biggy?

2 Likes

Not that it should be done casually, but it’d be great if he’d gotten an x-ray soon after. That would have been quite the headscratcher for radiologists.

2 Likes

You’ve clearly never visited.

This is the ILLEST.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun, …

1 Like

I was under the impression they had more than just one, but perhaps people have developed a taste for dismembered digits.

I’d be grateful if someone would ELI5 how it is legal to: 1) possess said toe, and 2) swallow said toe. If the answer to both is “because Canada,” fine, though I’d be surprised to learn that possession of human body parts and cannibalism aren’t big deals. There was an episode of Oddities where the owners had to go through an entire legal rigamarole to see if they could sell a human artifact. Seems like it’s a thing, at least in the States.

And now that I think about it, the owners of the Downtown Hotel should contact the Oddities people for a replacement.

Relevant…Genesis wrote a song about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT7k7keej0k

Surely this guy should be being hunted down and arrested. After all, he is a cannibal.