Baraboo High Schoolers give Nazi salute at junior prom

Really, the colleges should rescind their acceptance letters based on the fact that they obviously failed standard HS history courses.

12 Likes

Pretty much. 86% white, and way higher than that outside the cities.

3 Likes

Some study history to know what others plan on doing to us, others study history to know how to genocide more efficiently.

3 Likes

But “cancel culture” is bad, because then people will stop making these jokes and who would watch South Park or join the libertarian party?!

they need a quick visit by the Antifa…

Looks like there are at least four different salutes in there - the Bellamy, the Roman, the Hitlergruß, and, as you note, Black Power. And I think I see a Christian benediction and a kink code, too.

3 Likes

Beyond maybe the black power (if not used ironically), being bad at proper Nazism doesn’t stop them from doing their best.

2 Likes

I’ll tell you who the folks in Baraboo hate the most.

It’s the FIB’s.

I imagine anyone left of Bircher is spending too much time being beaten up to resist a hundred good ol’ boys.

1 Like

:scream: 

It seems obvious that some dumb teacher said ‘now kids do a wave like this’ and made a gesture that looked like a Nazi salute. Which is why the black kid is laughing. For many of them it is an attempt to do the intended friendly wave. Most are mocking the idiot teacher by doing a campy salute. Some are laughing at what an idiot the teacher is for not realising.
One is thinking ‘oh shit, a good number of kids are genuine Nazis and are going to get away with doing a salute and meaning it’.
That black kid is laughing at the idiot teacher. Leave him alone. He had enough crap growing up in a very white environment.

Not really. The earliest the SPLC has it on record is 2015.

the circle game has been around a lot longer than that.

1 Like

Fixed that for you: “junior prom”.

Edited because i forgot to account for a spring graduation.

2 Likes

If you drive up to Wisconsin Dells (a bizarre little vacation place with a great motel), you pass thru this town. We have gotten gas there, with nothing other than glares. But all those towns on the way up (except for Madison and Spring Green) are very white and very wary of strangers, in our experience.

5 Likes

Except for the statements of the kid who was there, who knew exactly what his classmates did.

Also the now covert Nazi “ok” all the cool Republicans are doing.

Do the excuses ever stop?

14 Likes

Were you there when the photo in question was taken?

They sure don’t seem to.

15 Likes

Well look at these stupid motherfuckers right here. What the hell is wrong with people.

So even if I lose enough weight, I still can’t wear my (high school) Class of '88 t-shirt without everyone thinking I’m a Nazi?

2 Likes

a comment copy/pasted from another site:

16 million American soldiers fought Nazis
405,399 American soldiers were killed fighting Nazis
671,278 American soldiers were injured fighting Nazis

Yet I bet every single one of these guys doing the pro-Nazi salute bitch about NFL players kneeling during the anthem with the angle it’s an insult to veterans and the military. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

11 Likes

Ah, yes, the Midwest as I remember it. It was much the same in small town Iowa where I went to school: unthinking and unrepentant racist, sexist and classist attitudes. Where “tasteless jokes” were really just racist slurs that you weren’t allowed to criticise.

I left that region in 1988, and never went back. There is nothing there that I value.

6 Likes