Barack Obama on Trump's crowd size obsession

Just now listened to both Obamas’ speeches, as I was otherwise occupied last night;

I love that Michelle unofficially bequeathed “HOPE” to the Harris/Walz campaign.

I love that Barack brought back “Don’t ‘boo;’ VOTE!” and flipped the tagline from his own initial campaign for POTUS to “Yes, SHE Can.

15 Likes
22 Likes

Wow he looks tired. Very low energy

18 Likes

“I have terrible advisors and I’m going to spend the rest of this campaign making personal attacks instead of talking about policy” is a weird flex but it’s not like anyone really expected him to do anything different…

15 Likes

“I try to be nice to people.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True. While the context might seem to imply his opponents, who Trump regularly insults, the word “people” only means more than one person and Trump has shown great respect to several dictators.

17 Likes

A trilogy of novels I read take place in late 17th - early 18th Dynasty Ancient Egypt, during and just after the reigns of invading furreners from the Middle East. The native King Seqenenra says of them,

“The Setiu only laugh when donkeys fall down or old women trip in the street."

I’ve often thought of that line when I’ve seen merkin von bankrupt “laugh” and “smile.”

13 Likes

Ummm, blew that pic up, scrolled around, all i can say is what the fuck are they talking about?

Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

12 Likes

Honestly, I admire President Obama’s remarkable restraint when getting back at Trump. Obama was always prepared before going into “battle”, which means he certainly would have known (if he hadn’t before) about Trump’s history of numerous failed businesses and treatment of contractors and employees. Much too classy, though. Ah, well.

10 Likes

Right? I didn’t hear him “SNAP.” :person_shrugging:

9 Likes

Perhaps Putin has such videos. Trump actually laughing during ugly sordid kompromat setups.

4 Likes

That sounds way too plausible

8 Likes

Sometime stating the obvious has its merits. :grin:

4 Likes

I can believe that he snapped earlier, then something in him broke. Because he looks broken. Idk, maybe he’s just worn out from traveling with Vance and having to always disinfect the furniture before he sits down.

14 Likes

As I heard someone say today: “Barack Obama is the most skilled orator in the Democratic Party, but he’s only the second-best orator in his own family.”

18 Likes

I remember at his last White House Correspondent’s Dinner he was asked if he had a “bucket list”, and replied “I’ve got a list that rhymes with ‘bucket’.”

17 Likes

Like they say over there at Crooked; “he’s the best orator in the party but the second best in his family.”

6 Likes

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.