Barack Obama on Trump's crowd size obsession

Originally published at: Barack Obama on Trump's crowd size obsession - Boing Boing

15 Likes

The last time Obama burned Trump this bad, we ended up with four years of chaos. That was an epic burn, and the vibes feel different this time around.

33 Likes

I’m sure the ketchup was flying after he saw it. No-one gets under the Short-Fingered Vulgarian’s skin like Obama. Biff hates being mocked, but especially when the crowd’s laughter is prompted by a charismatic Black man who won two consecutive terms as President (and who has an equally charismatic wife who doesn’t flinch from his touch).

By the way, one of the big contrasts between the two conventions I’ve noticed is surrounds the concept of family values. It’s a question of showing vs. telling: the GOP did the latter, yammering on about a single narrow “perfect” version in order to use it as a cudgel; the Dems have done the former, exhibiting a wide range of happy and loving families in all their funny messiness. It’s been striking.

63 Likes

I’m glad I was paying attention at this part of Barack Obama’s speech. Subtle but super sick burn. A great reminder that Obama has a sense of humor, in stark contrast to the butt of Obama’s joke.

30 Likes

The way he looks down at his hands, which are measuring a smol distance at the time…

chefs_kiss_2

41 Likes

Yep. Punching the Donald right where it surely hurts him the most! :laughing:

26 Likes

The man could be a great stand-up. Straight delivery, apparently not conscious of how his hands are reflecting his words, and an implacable poker face - not even a twitch of a smile.

27 Likes

Hey, you can’t do that!

“YES… WE… CAN!”

20 Likes

And a nod to Trump’s “accordion hands” habit.

27 Likes

Great speech, as usual, but I cringed when he called Turnip “dangerous.” Spraytan loooves being seen as dangerous. It’s what he respects in Putie and Orbie and Unie. This is why the “weird” thing plays and the “threat to Democracy” hasn’t. I had hoped Obama would keep hitting the “whining” angle, and I need one of these high profile speakers to say something like, “To quote Donald, {toddler voice} ‘It’s not faaaiiiir!’”

21 Likes

Well some of talking about the opponent is to rattle them, but some of it is to warn your own voting base how much of a disaster this particular opponent is. So “weird” may really get under the big orange baby’s skin, a reminder to people watching that we aren’t just rattling MAGS’s cages “for funnies” but because they are a serious problem, and hey, double check that you are still registered, and get out and vote is a good thing.

Not that getting under the GOP’s skin is a bad thing though. Mix it up. Do both!

32 Likes

It would be an interesting career path, henceforth known as the he Inverted Zolenskyy.

28 Likes

They’d make a great double act!

12 Likes

Is there video anywhere of Trump actually laughing at any point in his life? Not smirking or faking it, but really actually laughing like a real non-sociopath. I’m genuinely interested.

25 Likes

It has been commented on several threads here, of late. It is currently believed that the scowling shitslinger is incapable of laughter.

22 Likes

Rather brings home his lack of variety of body language, something - in relation to all his other traits - that I’m sure a psychologiatrist would have a field day with.

10 Likes

Proving, yet again, that there is nothing that can’t be improved with accordion.

20 Likes

Somebody aught to buy TFG a Denali or something so he can sit in it
with the driver side door open and make air-horn noises.

8 Likes

There is that, but the context is important too. A skillful, fully trained adult with a sniper rifle is dangerous, but then again so is a toddler with a pistol. While it’s clear to many of us which one exemplifies Trump, it doesn’t hurt to spell it out in crystal clear words that even he can understand.

Also, make it clear that we should not give toddlers pistols.

27 Likes

In case anyone still doesn’t get the joke:

11 Likes