Barr gives DEA power to investigate people protesting George Floyd's murder

we’re not making it to november

(block javascript to read wapo)

“It reminded me of what I reported on for years in the third world,” Polymeropoulos said on Twitter. Referring to the despotic leaders of Iraq, Syria and Libya, he said: “Saddam. Bashar. Qaddafi. They all did this.”

7 Likes

But the cops would look over, see heavily armed white dudes and think, “One of us.” (Because they really don’t care who they are. Some police forces just got in trouble for hob-nobbing with some white supremacist group that showed up in a heavily armed group.)

Trump has just totally lost his shit in his demands for a show of force. Apparently it’s so bad that county cops are actually withdrawing from DC because they want no part in it, and state governors are complaining that the federal forces are making things worse. Some Republicans are actually criticizing Trump’s response to something for the first time. So… at least a backlash to this has started.

Turns out this is literally true. I didn’t realize, when I said every federal law enforcement group was being drawn into this, that I was seriously underestimating - it’s not just law enforcement. Literally every federal agency with any sort of security or investigative arm has been roped in. National Guard, F.B.I., the Bureau of Prisons, the U.S. Marshals, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Homeland Security Investigations, Customs and Border Protection and the Defense Department, ICE, US Park department, and I was reading this morning that the fucking TSA are involved, even. If the FDA weren’t woefully underfunded, they’d be in there, too. Shit, they might be, actually - “nearly a dozen federal agencies and components have joined in Mr. Trump’s effort to quell protests.”

3 Likes

I think someone on Twitter identified those guys as working for the Federal Bureau of Prisons’ Special Operations Response Teams (SORTs), which is BOP’s SWAT equivalent. They were also used in the 1992 LA riots.

4 Likes

And all it took was his assembling a military to use against US citizens in US cities. This might be one of those “And when they came for me…” type moments.

3 Likes

First they came for… everybody…

3 Likes

(Deleted as not germane to the specific topic.)

No, they did come for the Muslims, the immigrants, the African Americans first. This is the middle of that poem, not the beginning

3 Likes

More than one.

1 Like

We also had a war about what we should do with fascists.

Turns out grinding them into hamburger with mechanized warfare, burning them to ashes, and riddling them with bullets is the right thing to do to fascist.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.