FBI Report: "no intelligence indicating Antifa involvement/presence" in Sunday's DC violence

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/03/fbi-report-no-intelligence.html

12 Likes

FBI must therefore be Deep State.

Self-sealing arguments can never be lost.

31 Likes

In the lead up to the 2016 election republican fear mongering was about ISIS. ISIS in your living room, your Starbucks, your kid’s closet or in the trunk of your car. Now it’s Antifa being deemed the new anti murican boogeyman.

Fear, it’s all they have.

31 Likes

Of course not. But that won’t dissuade the regime from continuing to try to portray antifa as a terrorist organisation (it is neither). It also won’t dissuade the Know-Nothing 27% from believing it or Libertarians and the zentrum from making false equivalencies between antifa and white supremacist militias. This is going to be a cornerstone of the regime’s 2020 campaign (or a pretext for cancelling the election).

28 Likes

Antifa, ISIS, satanists, communists… It’s one boogeyman after another.

“Well, I was lookin’ everywhere for them gol-darned Reds
I got up in the mornin’ ‘n’ looked under my bed
Looked in the sink, behind the door
Looked in the glove compartment of my car
Couldn’t find 'em”

“I was lookin’ high an’ low for them Reds everywhere
I was lookin’ in the sink an’ underneath the chair
I looked way up my chimney hole
I even looked deep inside my toilet bowl
They got away”

Talkin’ John Birch Paranoid Blues

• Bob Dylan
27 Likes

Yeah… this is just feeding the death cult what they want to hear. Facts don’t matter, just the dog whistles.

Also, expect that portion of the FBI to also be defunded and people shifted around, just like the backing off on white supremacists groups over the last few years.

Of course, none of this will matter once martial law is declared and the DOJ and DHS are merged into one because clearly there’s too many internal enemies as evidenced by the fact that everything’s on fire and you have to dominate. There’s no way things are on fire because of the system being broken. We have the best system, and good people on both sides, so we clearly need agencies to sort that out.

15 Likes

Apropos of a worldview based on fear. Violence, oppression, xenophobia and tribalism all grow very well in the shitpile of fear born of ignorance.

13 Likes

I’m sure Antifa is really behind that, trying to besmirch the “fine people” on the far right.

/s

12 Likes

Someone’s getting fired soon.

15 Likes

The closest thing I’ve ever seen to an identifiable presence of Antifa, was a Ministry show in Pittsburgh last year when uncle Al did the lyrically cringeworthy song “We are the Antifa”.

This has become a boogeyman for the far-right and they think that there is some sort of defined organization to it and honestly I doubt that there is it’s just a rallying cry

2 Likes

Wait…

“no intelligence indicating Antif involvement/presence”

Are they obliquely calling Trump and his acolytes idiots? Because I support that message.

Keep the people from looking anywhere but at them, and it’s a win for them. Same as how businesses send jobs overseas, but get the people who are jobless to rail against foreigners instead of their masters. Misdirection as an art form.

8 Likes

Time for the DEA and ICE to take over the FBI’s responsibilities then. Clearly they can’t be trusted

1 Like

How did that escape into the wild?

2 Likes

There’s good people on both sides, I guess.

What does zentrum mean in this context? A false “center”?

1 Like

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Winston Churchill

2 Likes

Basically, yes. Those who engage in false equivalencies between fascists and anti-fascists, who wonder if we can’t meet the fascists halfway, etc. The historical reference is this:

12 Likes

SOZI immer. NAZI nimmer.

2 Likes

Too late. DEA Can Secretly Surveil George Floyd Protesters https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/29/politics/cbp-drone-minneapolis/index.html

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s the same reason why the SS took over for the SA and why the Waffen SS existed alongside the regular Wehrmacht.