"Barrel Bands" are rings made from shotgun barrels

Originally published at: "Barrel Bands" are rings made from shotgun barrels | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Fucking WHAT!?

the office rage GIF

12 Likes

Surely shotgun weddings are a thing of the past? And they weren’t supposed to be good things were they? I get so confused with these sorts of crazy gun heads.

27 Likes

Pricing does not compute.

12 Likes

You know, I’d buy one of these if it was from a company that was decommissioning guns, making useful items out of them, and funding legislation for gun laws restricting gun access and spotlighting the amount of gun-related deaths in the US.

Because then you’d be taking a death-dealing weapon, and using it to make something nice out of it. It’s probably the only way I’d ever own a gun-related product.

24 Likes

You got me. I sure feel owned.

8 Likes

How can a thing that kills things also symbolize love?

“If I can’t have you no-one will!” is considered a declaration of love in right-wing circles.

13 Likes

I thought making sawn-off shotguns was illegal.

Yup Thats Right GIF by Katelyn Tarver

16 Likes

That’s why our products are meant to bridge the gap between the wilderness and everywhere else, so you can be just as comfortable crouching in a duck blind as you are sitting in a church pew.

If you’re wearing camouflage in the church pew how will God see you?

18 Likes

Yeah, in the lens of taking guns off the market i think this would be a good selling point. But under the guise of FUCK YEAH GUNS this is uhhh… something. Very American for sure.

11 Likes

Ring avulsion. Don’t google it. No thanks, rounded gold alloy bands are bad enough, but those look strong and hard edged and ready to rip the flesh off your finger in an accident.

10 Likes

But the rifling makes for ez on and off!

ETA Do shotguns even have rifling? :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

My mom had this happen when her ring caught on the edge of a doorway when she was hurrying to get to work. Had to get the ring cut off her finger. Thankfully it wasnt super serious but it sucked

5 Likes

A lot of them look like tiny belts

9 Likes

Most do not, though some states disallow deer hunting with rifles, so shotguns with slugs it is. Dedicated deer hunting shotguns will have rifling

6 Likes

Cue the ghost story: suicide shotgun is made into wedding rings, dragging a young, freshly married couple into a hellscape of tragedy and terror…

13 Likes

Iron or Gun Steel Rings. Hhmm.

Only things that come to mind are the Canadian Engineering Tradition of the iron ring on the writing hand of the graduate engineer.

“A myth persists that the initial batch of Iron Rings was made from the beams of the first Quebec Bridge, a bridge that collapsed during construction in 1907 due to poor planning and design by the overseeing engineers.” Always check your assumptions. I thought the myth was fact.

10 Likes

That’s where my brain went, too.

Indeed, you can, apparently, get a Mossberg Maverik 88 for around $250 which has got around a 28" barrel. If each ring is about .25", that’s 112 rings per barrel. So, at approximately $200 per ring, that’s over $20,000 per gun.

7 Likes

I found a picture of the sizing process that is done moments before manufacturing the ring.

21 Likes

You see Tamsin, when one ammosexual loves another very much, they still aren’t allowed to lie together and procreate until they are married. So proclaimed American Jesus from atop his Sacred Eagle on July 4th 1776. A sacrificial shotgun must therefore be purchased and milled into iron bands of conservative commitment, to be worn by the bonded ammosexuals forever more. Only then may they partake of the dirty, sinful business of sexual gratification.

20 Likes