Basketball star Brittney Griner released by Russia in swap for arms dealer Viktor Bout

I suspect this President is far less insecure and worried by tall Black women than that last guy.

16 Likes

Jude Christo :woman_facepalming:t2:
It’s honestly fine if you don’t want to read the brief post, but if not, maybe think twice about commenting on it?

Biden spoke with Griner on the phone Thursday while her wife, Cherelle, was in the Oval Office.

15 Likes
2 Likes

Cool beans, i’m glad for her.

Excited Stop Motion GIF by Slanted Studios

5 Likes

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I didn’t do the required reading.
:blush:

2 Likes

“the escalating pressure that his administration faced to get Griner home”

Impressed how rapidly the usual RW fuckpuppets have pivoted from “Biden is failing to bring home our sporting heroine Griner! Impeach him!” to “Biden brought home a lowlife anti-American drug smuggler! Impeach him!”

9 Likes
6 Likes

Is it really something that impresses at this point? They likely had graphics and facebook/twitter/youtube ad campaigns ready to go and slickly produced by funding from the Koch brothers. They were ready for this no matter how it turned out.

4 Likes

Those who complain about arms dealers should write to their local Congressperson.

https://www.statista.com/chart/18417/global-weapons-exports/

1 Like

Agreed. I do think it’s a valid criticism to say, “hey, we just traded an arms dealer for one athlete and that seems unequal” … which should then be followed by, “but thank God she’s home anyway.”

Instead, people are arguing she should’ve basically died over there. Which is crazy. And it’s crazy, whether she had some weed or not. Americans don’t much seem to give a damn about (certain) other Americans.

4 Likes
5 Likes

ETA: Victor Bout “considers Leo Tolstoy and Ivan Ilyin to be his spiritual leaders”. I think that there may be a slight contradiction here.

3 Likes

… quick, somebody interview Nicolas Cage :crazy_face:

5 Likes
1 Like

Cat Community GIF

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.