Peter Doocy gets douchey when he argues that Griner's release from Russia is a bad deal (video)

Originally published at: Peter Doocy gets douchey when he argues that Griner's release from Russia is a bad deal (video) | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Well, Mr. Douchey, you’re welcome to take her place.

25 Likes

“In this prisoner swap, why did Russia get such a better deal?” he asked White House Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre. “They gave up a professional athlete, we gave up a prolific arms dealer…”

I wonder if Doocy got his answer from ChatGPT.

10 Likes

Huh, I would have thought that right-wingers would consider Victor Bout a hero for his prolific efforts to expand firearm ownership.

24 Likes

Not to worry, he got shuffled back into the deck. Brittany’s nightmare has ended and now she and family can start working on mental recovery.

9 Likes

Logical thought has no place in their world.

13 Likes

Can we exchange the entire Doocy family for Paul Whelan?

12 Likes

Do they have to invite him to White House press conferences?

4 Likes

It’s pretty sick how the All Lives Matter crowd are discounting the worth of a fellow American. :confused:

17 Likes

Failson Peter and dimwit dad Steve would fit right in on Russian state TV.

10 Likes

Remember, in their book, Griner only counts as 3/5 of a person.

18 Likes

It’s the “better deal” phrasing that gets me.
There is something unjust about needing to release someone who deserves to be locked up in order to free someone who doesn’t.

But that it is better to free someone evil than an innocent person? That only makes sense to members of criminal organizations.

11 Likes

I’d bet during the negotiations they tried to get at least one other American held in Russia released but had to settle for just Griner, one-for-one. That’s just the reality of diplomacy. Griping about “lousy deals” is a real Donald Trump kind of naive logic: 2-for-me-but-only-1-for-you.

5 Likes

At about 36 seconds into the clip, right after KJP says “The professional athlete is also an American citizen”, you hear Doocy interject “That we believe is an American citizen… We can do this all day”.

This candid admission of “We can do this all day” at the end of his interruption is a stark reminder that no matter what Biden says or does, we can absolutely count on him and the FOX/GOP propaganda machine to immediately do everything they can to find fault with it.

20 Likes

Oh, come on - basketball players are taller than that! :wink:

9 Likes

WTAF?? This is where they are going now?

And welcome to BB!

14 Likes

birtherism is the gift that keeps on giving

13 Likes

Viktor Bout had served 15 years of his 25 year term already. Was he waiting for a time served parity?

7 Likes

Well Peter, why don’t you run for office and see if you can get a “better deal”?

3 Likes

I mean, you remember birthism, right?

5 Likes