Bathe in the supposed healing powers of the Integretron

Originally published at: Bathe in the supposed healing powers of the Integretron | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Oh Boy! It’s right in my backyard. Yet another spiritual/metaphysical/crystal rubbering huckster landmark. No thanks, I use the magnets on my refrigerator.

20 Likes

Further reading:

7 Likes

Hey wow, we were just there a few months ago. It’s a neat space, but admittedly I did not sense or take advantage of any healing vibes.

6 Likes

I’ve been there for a soundbath , and though i didn’t meet aliens or become one with the universe, I thought it was worth visiting for the acoustics in the dome alone. It reminded me of the whispering gallery in the Museum of Science And Industry in Chicago, but without parabolic reflectors. As a geodesic dome enthusiast, I was very impressed with the construction and its properties.

Next time I visit Landers, I hope to see Giant Rock, if only to go ‘yup, the name fits.’

13 Likes

The miniature sized one is likely somewhere nearer to home, like a park or something.

3 Likes

I visited a few years ago. The magnetometer on my phone clearly showed the earth’s magnetic field but there was no mysterious spike anywhere inside.

The mediation / sound bath was fun and relaxing, no mystical properties needed.

5 Likes

I suppose if you take a 30-minute nap in there you would feel well rested, plus you would have traveled 30 minutes into the future!

16 Likes

This reminds me of when I went to Sedona and people would neither shut up about, nor explain, the invisible “vortices” said to be all around.

My feeling was, like, dude, it’s peaceful and scenic, can’t we just leave it at that?

11 Likes

See if you can throw those in these:

Step 3: Profit!

I have extra fridge magnets if you need more.

6 Likes

I’m going to guess that the Venn diagram of “people who attend sound baths” and “people who desperately need a real bath” is pretty close to a circle.

5 Likes

For some reason I really want to see a horror movie with this as the setting.

4 Likes

Starring QANON and antivaxers!

1 Like

For added surreality stay in Kate’s Lazy Desert - a themed Airstream trailer park run by Kate Pierson from the B-52s.

I love this desert.

4 Likes

The structure, and the location is intriguing. My astronomy group is maybe looking for a place where we could have an observatory. Doesn’t look like the roof of this thing swings open in any way, though. Plus, a bit far from the bay area.

“We have always been at woo with Sedona…”

4 Likes

After looking over their website, they seem to be a reasonably harmless type of snake-oil salespeople.
They don’t look like they’re making any actual medical claims for their sound baths and it all seems pleasant and relaxing to me.

2 Likes

I wrote an issue of my ‘zine about The Integratron and George Van Tassel.

3 Likes

I’d rather visit the orgasmatron.

1 Like

…eorge van Tassel, the development of the Ashtar “brand” to the concept’s evolution during the following decades, this is a fun jaunt through the worlds of saucers and spirituality.