Bay Area Meetup for All

We’ve got great f’ing food here in Oakland.

3 Likes

The Mission is still reigning champion for burritos, but Oakland has lots of world-class options for basically everything else. Maybe we could do a group meetup for dinner somewhere.

3 Likes

Tortas Los Picudos on 24th is dreamy

And a fine brewpub!

Have fun! The Bay Area is so far south of here. Let me know when you have a Northern California meetup

Didn’t realize the thread had been moved. I’m in the Sacto/foothills region, but I’d be up for this (even we introverts have to crawl out of the cave every once in a while, I guess). What with traffic on 80, I’d much prefer anywhere in the East Bay than having to go across either bridge. But I am BART-literate so I don’t mind anywhere in SF-proper if it’s within walking range of a stop.

May/June works better for me. April is chock full o’ busy.

1 Like

I’m thinking early mid-may in Oakland at this point, probably by one of the BART stations. Oakland is much easier to BART to than, say, Berkeley if you’re coming from SF.

1 Like

Does BART stop at JLS, or is that only Amtrak? With the ferry port there, it could provide an additional option for those coming over from SF.

I don’t know what JLS is but since I know the BART stops, I doubt it.

SF people can catch most east bound trains and get as far as 12th street in Oakland.

Jack London Square

No, there is no Bart there.

There are a whole bunch of restaurants and bars around 18th and Broadway though.

Bummer. Would have been handy. I only know enough of the area to be a hazard to myself, but not enough to be able to navigate there without a GPS.

The walk from 12th down to JLS is doable, also plenty of lyft in the area if need be.

A centralish BART line location would be nice unless there is a really cool venue.

I’m not too familiar with the 19th street area, but if Enso says it is good to go, lets do it.

Works for me!

How about Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe at 1805 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94612 ? This is a couple of blocks from the 19th St BART station in Oakland.

This is a cafe (duh) but I could probably find a coffee shop if people wanted. Rudy’s is an American diner and this location is pretty big.

http://www.iamrudy.com/

2 Likes

Second weekend in May is my twin brother’s 40th birthday.

4 Likes

You people and your scheduling. First weekend is my wife’s birthday and I’m in New Orleans…

1 Like

It’s cool, we really didn’t have anything scheduled anyway.

3 Likes

Anyone going to Maker Faire in San Mateo this year? (May 19-21)

1 Like