BBC took down own Modi documentary from Internet Archive

Originally published at: BBC took down own Modi documentary from Internet Archive | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

10 Likes

It was briefly downloadable from the Archive though, so hopefully it will be redistributed elsewhere.

Yep, it’s out there.

13 Likes

I Hope So Macaulay Culkin GIF by filmeditor

8 Likes

How about this thread is kept open until someone can find a link and post it here?

5 Likes

Hmmm… this’ll potentially make it easier for the BBC to shut these links down.

3 Likes

Streisand!

2 Likes

There are multiple links to torrents out there but it’s likely that placing them here would bring ire upon BoingBoing for promoting “pirated” sources …? (albeit rather a gray area if it’s already been censored?)

6 Likes

It would be of great interest to know who took this legal-but-optional action and what flavor of oleaginous justification they’d fall back on if pressed on the point.

Did the IP intern do for reasons that are entirely routine and definitely reflect no atypical subject matter interest on the part of people who matter whatsoever? Are you ‘protecting sentiments’ or some similar blandishment?

3 Likes

It’s out there

2 Likes
8 Likes

“You don’t sound very piratey.”
“Well, you don’t sound very Kermitty.”

2 Likes

My streaming platform is still Usenet :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

https://usenet.bestreviews.net/faq/what-is-first-rule-of-usenet/

3 Likes

There was some copies on Vimeo, bu they seem to have been taken down now.
As far as I know, iPlayer just uses IP-based geoblocking, so you can watch it with a VPN app, and downloading a copy is as simple as firing up get_iplayer (with a UK based IP address).
Found this copy:

1 Like

I came here to say the same thing

I had never heard about this documentary until I saw it was being censored.

Then I watched it. Compelling stuff.

4 Likes

I’m staring at one of those links right now. 100+ seeders. I’m glad to see it’s getting out there.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.