Be sure not to hold your sawed-off shotgun at the end of the barrel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/31/be-sure-not-to-hold-your-sawed.html

5 Likes

30 Likes

Bugs is completely blocking the barrel, that will cause the gone to explode back in the shooter’s face, everyone knows that. But if your fingers are only partially blocking the barrel or alongside it, then you’ll get hurt.

11 Likes

Oh, then I should be alright then?

7 Likes

A sawed-off shotgun is not really the kind of thing you aim carefully like that.

“I hit the target perfectly. . . also all these other targets around it.”

24 Likes

Okay, so thats how you don’t blow off a “fanger,” but what good reason is there to ever shoot such a thing?

10 Likes

It is my understanding that this kind of weapon is appropriate to fight in close quarters, such as bank branches. Easy to hide, scary, and forgiving to poor aiming skills.

10 Likes

?

Pushing the emergency button and doing your best to duck out of sight seem like much better ideas when fights erupt in bank branches.

3 Likes

This is where ‘rule of cool’ comes into play.

3 Likes

Pretty much only shits and giggles…

Unless you have a need to F-up a large area indiscriminately, then buckshot in a sawed off shotgun is a really frighteningly effective tool (which honestly, nobody pretty much ever needs…)

5 Likes

Not if you are trying to rob the bank. :wink:

They are popular for this kind of jobs in countries with restrictive gun laws, as they can be converted from hunting shotguns.

10 Likes

So how many fangers do you still have? :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

In the eight months it took to extend our house, two contractors shot themselves in the hand with nail guns.

12 Likes

Um… video games.

1 Like

Nobody f***s with the Jesus.

1 Like

IIRC, short barrel shotguns were originally cavalry weapons.

The reasoning is similar to why medieval cavalry carried short-hafted axes or maces as backup weapons: quick to draw, unlikely to accidentally bash your mount in the head with it, handy for discouraging the infantryman who’s trying to pull you off your horse.

So, if you ever find yourself on a motorcycle during the zombie apocalypse…

11 Likes

As soon as I saw that it was Hickok45 (Greg Kinman) in the video I knew that no one was going to lose any fingers. The guy is a firearms expert, and his videos are quite educational as well as entertaining.

11 Likes

so that it fits in your favorite bank robbing bag

4 Likes

To piss off damnyankees who look down on you for your southern accent?

7 Likes

And if you need an instructional demonstration to remind you not to put your finger in front of the dangerous end of a loaded shotgun, well, perhaps you should not be handling it at all.

7 Likes