Beach towel pulled from hungry snake

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/28/beach-towel-pulled-from-hungry.html

4 Likes

There’s a frood who really knows where their towel is.

23 Likes

At least it wasn’t accompanied by some flip-flops, a tiny bathing suit and a swim mask.

10 Likes

The snake, Monty Python, an 18-year-old carpet towel python…

12 Likes

giphy (48)

4 Likes

Came for this. Was not disappointed.

2 Likes

Feel like I just watched the origin story for the ouroboros.

757785a493216d1f9bfec8af1b816385

6 Likes

I’m just trying to figure out how this would happen in the first place. Was the towel already tightly rolled? I mena, I just cannot imagine a snake slithering up and starting on the corner of a towel and eating teh whole thing it just…boggles the mind.

1 Like

I’m no snake expert (although I manage to take care of my daughter’s ball python) but I think their fangs pretty much turn their mouths into a one-way trap (think finger cuffs). So once they engage, it’s swallow the whole thing and hope for the best. I think that’s why the vets have the mouth open so wide to pull it out. I could be wrong.

4 Likes

Better than a hungry snake pulled from a beach towel.

1 Like

Maybe the snake wandered into one of those resorts where the cleaning staff leave fresh towels on the beds folded into the shapes of cute animals.

13 Likes

If I had a dollar for every pet python named Monty…

3 Likes

I’m actually a vet! And have had all sorts of fun experiences like having to remove an electric blanket and shoe from a python.

Hard to say why they do it. Was it warm? Had some animal touched part of it so it smelled like food? Are reptiles just really really stupid?

This is unfortunately a fairly common type of thing, and most if not all vets that see large snakes has seen this.

10 Likes

Clearly snakes follow the LabradorRetrieverRule: eat first and ask questions later

1 Like

Are they sure this isn’t a cottonmouth snake?

3 Likes

luke-cage-cottonmouth

1 Like

Remember when reddit got really worried about that snek eating some bred?

1 Like

Was the beach towel reserving a sun lounger by the pool?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.