Bear chases skier down mountain while others scream trying to warn him

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/25/bear-chases-skier-down-mountain-while-others-scream-trying-to-warn-him.html

7 Likes

Better a bear than the Skifree yeti…

6 Likes

Video link for BBS:

Why is this person skiing without poles, I wonder?

4 Likes

The skier clearly said the true name.

25 Likes

There is fencing on both sides of the run. Where was the bear supposed to go? I didn’t see the bear’s escape.

2 Likes

I’d be more worried about catching covid on the ski lift than of the bear eating him.

7 Likes

Some people do fine without them. Seems like young kids get away with it more easily.

5 Likes

Poor bear, just trying to cope on his first day as a ski instructor.

16 Likes

Prey runs - but a skier should be able to out run… er ski? a bear.

2 Likes

This was in Romania. Poland is two countries to the North.

49 Likes
12 Likes

I was really rooting for that bear.

10 Likes

Shoulda yelled “Shark!”

6 Likes

15 Likes

Poles really aren’t necessary when skiing, even on relatively flat terrain. Back in my early teens, I even took a ski class where the instructor taught us to ski without poles or with only one ski. Without poles, you basically skate using your skis, which is quite the workout.

Bears, on the other hand, should be mandatory when skiing, as it would reduce lift line times and encourage people to keep moving downhill instead of stopping right in front of you and blocking the way. YMMV.

24 Likes

Also a good way to avoid injuries for beginning skiers since you’re less likely to impale yourself on the things.

6 Likes

This really calls for a Far Side cartoon where it’s bears on the ski lift cheering the bear on.

18 Likes

Poor situational awareness.

I think the guy was wearing these…

3 Likes

Somebodies got to teach that guy not to ski like that.

4 Likes

People don’t tend to look up the mountain while skiing downhill

11 Likes