Because sexism: Mansize Kleenex to be renamed

Mansize Kleenex makes me think it’s a tissue the size of a man. So like a blanket made out of Kleenex.

8 Likes

“They’re almost huge!” I like that.

5 Likes

I don’t think that is the part of the male anatomy whose mess they seem truly designed for. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I use toilet tissue to sneeze into, that’s what Papasan’s use.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, you’re all like, “It’s okay for a man to cry”, but when Kleenex tries to be supportive, all you do is mock.

16 Likes

If Kimberly-Clark wants to gin up free marketing by pretending that anyone gives a shit what they print on snotrag packaging, and that it’s some big news story about “sexism,” I hope their employees will treat this as the starting whistle for a stampede of #MeToo disclosures that will drive them out of business forever. Fuckin advertising

5 Likes

That’s why men tend to have lower voices, right?

So maybe they could call them “Basso Profundo Size”

1 Like

What will they do with this one?

https://www.manwich.com/

3 Likes

I had no idea that these even existed, but come the fuck on, how is this even a thing? Man-sized tissues? If they were specifically good at cleaning up semen or something, then sure, but I fail to see how the presence of testicles has anything at all to do with the velocity of my sneezes or the quantity of mucous my sinuses produce. I’ve literally never once even considered that to be a distinction.

So what is it, just that they’re tough and big? That’s not even remotely a male-exclusive trait, it takes very little observation to see that there are lots of weak and small men, and large and strong women.

It’s even dumber than “hungry man”

Edit: I can’t believe I forgot to mention this yesterday. I know exactly one person who likes to eat Hungry Man dinners–my rather petite ex wife. I was amused by the occasional looks and comments I got about rolling up to the till with a stack of gross frozen dinners, and playing with peoples’ assumptions about who they were for and why I was buying them. The best was when someone was helpful and told me that I should really learn to cook…

7 Likes

Not heard too much those shampoo and conditioner ads Mansplaining, do we? (And don’t get me started on one brand’s “New Hair Superfood shampoo & conditioner” whose ad includes the disclaimer “These are shampoos and conditioners intended for use on hair. Do not drink”. ).
To quote Mr Angry from Purley, “Makes me seethe!”

Impressive.

Oh, wait. You’re talking about blowing your nose, right?

17 Likes

Remind me not to piss you off or go on a trip into the wilderness with you…

4 Likes

I like trains and steamships and flintlock pistols! THESE ARE THE TISSUES FOR ME!

6 Likes

I prefer “meat mitten sized” myself.

There’s definitely been a couple of different riffs on this over the years.

1 Like

My wife produces WAY more snot than do I. She has allergies and is very “productive” in that regard. We have handkerchiefs and boxes of tissues everywhere.

2 Likes

Same here; and it’s not from a lack of observation - I’ve had allergies and sinus issues since I was a kid.

I’ve never seen these particular kleenex sold at any store I’ve shopped at; not here in CA, not when I lived in Ohio, or in Florida, or back when I lived in the Caribbean.

Kinda makes me wonder where it is that they’re sold, if they’ve been around since the 60’s.

6 Likes

“man-sized” branding seems less harmful than buying pink products that give to
a charity with a poor reputation for applying donations to actual charity work.

But honestly the term “man-sized” is a bit ridiculous. I’m a man over 6 ft, I’m much bigger than man men, and smaller than some women. Also I think I got this big eating “man-sized” portions. I’ve recently switched to eating amounts that are suitable for a human being, so we’ll see how that goes.

6 Likes

is anyone else old enough to remember this set of products and advertising?

8 Likes

Used to be a similar thing with Salada biscuits/crackers here in Australia. Was ‘man size, snack size, bite size’: now ‘meal size…’.

Many of the same arguments against changing the slogan were used back then, I recall.

1 Like