Behold i am become eerily geometric frozen mcrib destroyer of metabolisms

I’m talking about cheap meat and gristle, none of which make people jiggle with delight.

Your’re not supposed to nibble on the hooves and bones after you make the gelatin, btw.

Hahahahahaha, how do I nominate this for best uhhhhh quoteword/wordquote of the year?

I have only once ever tried explaining to a vegetarian friend what Jello is made of. It was too many times.

1 Like

To paraphrase Austin Powers, “That’s not a cow, baby!”

That’s one small step for Mac, one giant leap for McDonald’s. It looks like someone’s putting Buzz Aldrin’s boots to good use pressing pork patties.

3 Likes

Makes for efficient packing while still simulating rib bones. Genius.

this is how imagine food to look like in space

A friend of mine worked at a McDonalds and discovered to her horror one night what happens when you leave a slab of McRib on the counter. It doesn’t thaw. It melts. Deliquesces. It has go straight from freezer to deep-fat-fryer in order to maintain structural integrity.

6 Likes

Yeah, but so does ice cream! Even pure organic GOURMET ice cream! And everybody likes ice cream! So you’re a hypocrite and hate ice cream!

4 Likes

Contains 40% more Soylent!

1 Like

What I find amazing is the BoingBoing readers are so passionate about what McDonalds does and Is.

It’s like commenting on Television shows that they don’t watch or proudly say “I don’t own a TV”.

I’ll eat at McD’s once a month or so, just a burger and ice water (it’s free).

Look at pictures of kids in the 60’s through the 80’s and they are not fat. Even with fast food, which was a time period of the golden age of drive-ins and fast foods. (But then again they also smoked cigarettes)

Websites (Even like this one) have contributed more to obesity than any thing McD’s has ever done.

Fast food has changed since those days, dude.

Companies have entire research teams dedicated to working out the most addictive combinations of ingredients they can in order to keep people coming back.

4 Likes

In my late teens, a friend worked at McDs and gave all his friends (including me) the prize tickets that scratch off. We ate for free for the three weeks of the promotion, but after a few days simultaneously noticed that no matter what we ate, we felt hungry 20 minutes later.

We felt somewhat … curious … about that.

2 Likes

Snobbery doesn’t come into it, the 2 are not equivalent.

2 Likes

I have no problem believing those proportions on chicken wings. Drumsticks even.

Heck, sit down with a scalpel and a full raw chicken (gutted) and scrape everything into three piles of clean bones, your ideal perfect white breast-style ‘meat’ chunks and the other meaty bits like fat, muscle, sinewy meat slivers and skin. I think that Pile C will be bigger than Pile B.
Still makes a fine chicken soup.

If the study was saying that the remaining 60% was “not even chicken” then that would be more remarkable. But still, chicken nuggets? Anyone who tasted them probably assumed as much already!

What? Websites make you fat?

Perhaps inactivity does, and we tend to be inactive when on the web. But we’d be watching the telly otherwise. I’m pretty sure no website I’ve ever eaten has made me fat.

On the other hand I was pestered into going into McDonald’s a bunch of times in the summer by my children (crappy plastic toys and fatty, sugary food) and I found it to be unsatisfying and ensured I ate more, and worse, food than I would have otherwise.

1 Like

You’re joking, right? Beaks and balls and shin bones and spines all gooified into pink milkshake then set and spray painted with sugar mix is an intriguing subject even for those who don’t love eating it. Heck, I love following news stories regarding Apple but it doesn’t mean I’m a fan of their products, can’t I just stare in awe at a vast collossus that has acquired so much power to affect the world and it’s inhabitants? I’ll admit that I used to enjoy getting a MacDonalds, but once you’ve seen some things you simply can’t unsee them so now I can’t even really see it as food. I sort of regard it as a well crafted imitation model of a burger that happens to be resistant to decomposition. When DNA from a hundred different cows is found in one burger you can wonder “how is this possible?” and “where do they brew this massive cow soup, in a reservoir?”.

I can’t really believe that you are amazed at the passion levels of BoingBoing readers regarding subjects like this, in fact I suspect that it is your job (but not moral duty) to counter negative coverage such as this online, even if it’s only as damaging as a photo of an uncooked product.

3 Likes

I’ll remember all this scorn heaped on highly processed food the next time someone goes gaga over “molecular gastronomy”, which is the same thing, only for rich people.

2 Likes

England and best restaurant - does not compute

1 Like