Behold, the pool float for pregnant women

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/16/behold-the-pool-float-for-pre.html

2 Likes

Behold, the pool floats for pregnant women that you can actually buy:

4 Likes

Also, fat guys.

9 Likes

Looks like we’re both getting our links corrupted by BB’s referral insertion.

2 Likes

Perfect for middle aged pot bellied Men. It is an unexplored market niche.

2 Likes

Really FTFY.

1 Like

Do they make one without a hole, for pregnant women who also want to tan their front half?

An odd choice to have Donald Trump write their promotional copy.

1 Like

I hate the term “baby bump.”

4 Likes

Hmm. I look at that and think about my own pregnancy and all I come up with is “hello terrible back pain! Because normal pregnancy back pain just wasn’t enough”
The spine is bent enough forward just with the pregnancy. Looks like putting it in that hole would bend it even more at a time when all the woman’s ligaments are super elastic and prone to injury.

1 Like

Wouldn’t buoyancy mitigate that somewhat?

Or, perhaps not, because the rest of her body is supported by the raft

Maybe? But i dont think there would be enough buoyancey on the bump to help much. Even a really pregnant woman’s stomach wouldn’t protrude much past the float and into the water.
It must have been made for promotional value rather than usefulness. I’m not entirely sure how a gravid woman would get on it. A design with a tube to surround the belly and an extention up top to lay upper torso and head would work better I think. Then the woman just has to walk onto it from the shallow bit and lean forward. Legs dangling down to prevent a back bend. And it might work well as a float to lay on face up.
Sheesh. I’m putting way too much thought into this.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.