Kickstarting an inflatable "hammock"

[Read the post]

2 Likes

There seems to be some question about the fact that the product seems to exist already: www.fatboy.com/us/lamzac-hangout

4 Likes

Cheaper, in more colours and available internationally without having to wait.

2 Likes

Oh America…

Or the Indegogo one:

Not sure if inflatable vulva lounges are really gonna be thing or not, even if there are three different versions already.

It looks like the tech may have applications for homeless people. More evidence markets don’t support socialized use very well (i.e. tech to satisfy unmet needs instead of private profit)?

People on beaches “need” stuff too, I guess. :slight_smile:

Exciting project though. Startups are exciting.

1 Like

Oh, that’s where I saw this before. BackerKit put the “Kaisr” in their “Staff Favorite” list just a few weeks ago.

Looks comfortable, but one small puncture could leave you feeling flat. (no, I couldn’t resist)

1 Like

BUT, BUT, Kickstarter means I’m getting a deal! I’m getting in early! On a deal!

2 Likes

Is it compatible with this?

1 Like

But do any of them work as a boat?

I require watercraft capability in all my vulva-shaped furniture.

2 Likes

You’re in luck! The KAISR Original can be used as a flotation device for all (well, many) of your vulva shaped lounge watersport needs.

3 Likes

Already available from China with free shipping for $50.

2 Likes

They are available on Alibaba.com, but not yet on aliexpress.

So based on the article, I ordered a couple. Guess what came popped up in my inbox today:

This is a message from Kickstarter’s Integrity team. We’re writing to notify you that the Koze - Lightweight, Inflatable, and Amazing Comfort Anywhere, project has been suspended, and your $XXXX USD pledge has been canceled. A review of the project uncovered evidence that it broke Kickstarter’s rules. We may suspend projects when they demonstrate one or more of the following:
Offering purchased items and claiming to have made them yourself
Presenting someone else’s work as your own
Misrepresenting or failing to disclose relevant facts about the project or its creator
Accordingly, all funding has been stopped and backers will not be charged for their pledges. No further action is required on your part.
We take the integrity of the Kickstarter system very seriously. We only suspend projects when we find strong evidence that they are misrepresenting themselves or otherwise violating the letter or spirit of Kickstarter’s rules. As a policy, we do not offer comment on project suspensions beyond what is stated in this message.
Regards,
Kickstarter Integrity

Time to update the article!

3 Likes

The original design is Dutch. http://www.jebiga.com/lamzac-hangout-indooroutdoor-sofa-sets-seconds-video/

1 Like

Link?  

Who knows, but they are certainly the name of my new jam band.

I put it to you, that that photo was taken with a high-speed camera in the few milliseconds before that contraption capsized and sent yer man there to the bottom of the pool.

1 Like

Search aliexpress for lamzac.

1 Like