Behold the "Sour Patch Kid" treatment for rectal prolapse

Originally published at: Behold the "Sour Patch Kid" treatment for rectal prolapse | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Sponge Bob Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Pop Tv Reaction GIF by Schitt's Creek

ETA: The video was informative, and her reading of the comments from her previous video was pretty funny.

13 Likes

Nope

8 Likes

Sweeeeeet.

10 Likes

You timed this post for lunchtime didn’t you?

11 Likes

“It’s like salting a slug…” might be one of my favorite medical explanations ever.
(She types, while hoping no one she knows, including herself, suffers a rectal prolapse!)

8 Likes

Assholery; literally or figuratively, it never ends, does it?

13 Likes

So then why isn’t there a sugar variety of Preparation H?

3 Likes

Weird. We tend to recommend just some wet TP and your finger. Although, if it has been out for a while, that can get to be a problem.

8 Likes

More questions raised than answered. She doesn’t explain exactly how the sugar is applied or how it stays in place. Does your starfish need to be pointing upward? Do you use a Sour Patch Kid like a suppository? I’m not familiar with this candy, but it sounds, well, sour. Wouldn’t that sting?

3 Likes

Nah, you just sprinkle a whole bunch of regular granulated sugar on… it.

The reason it’s called a sour patch kid is because of how a sour patch kid looks, red chewy candy all covered in sugar.

7 Likes

Thanks, I will never eat a Sour Patch Kid again.

10 Likes

Well, there’s no sugar coating it, I guess.

16 Likes

Prolapse? Honey, this alcoholic is all about relapse.

raises Lucille Bluth-sized sour patch kid flavored martini

7 Likes

A spoonfull of sugar helps the… wait, what? :scream:

13 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

9 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

I first learned about this treatment many years ago while watching an episode of All Creatures Great and Small. During the episode’s customary “vet having to deal with something hanging out the backside of a cow” segment, James Herriot poured sugar on a prolapsed cow uterus to help shrink it so he could, with Herculean effort, stuff it back into place.

7 Likes

Bob Mould is gonna have to get his former band mates together and write new song called “Rectal Prolapse Treatment”

1 Like