Belligerent, seemingly intoxicated Philadephia cop filmed harrassing man on street while spewing racist remarks: "shut your mouth, boy"

Originally published at: Belligerent, seemingly intoxicated Philadephia cop filmed harrassing man on street while spewing racist remarks: "shut your mouth, boy" | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Having lived in Philadelphia for over four decades now… this surprises me as much as the sun setting in the evening.

26 Likes

Police / Slave Patrol are an occupying army on US soil, they fly their own flag, dress in military garb, carry life taking weapons, and do not act inside the law of the land. Need evidence, watch that video.

29 Likes

Hoover sucks.

15 Likes

Is he trying to invoke “World :star: Star”, and screwing it up?

9 Likes

Oh, weird, a Robert Hoover with the same badge number 3279 has at least one excessive force and rights violation case on the books for hitting a guy (edit: 13-year-old) in the head with the butt of his gun, beating him, and kicking him on the ground. Probably just a coincidence.

29 Likes

This Hoover guy and “lib-tard” guy would have a lot of fun together, I bet.

8 Likes

In no other “Profession” can a person behave in such a manner; and not lose their license; if not have to change career fields entirely.

We rely on our Police to be line #1 against crime,and to be the immediate response forces against sudden outbreaks of violence.

Yet somehow; this type of behavior; and many other worse behaviors; are seemingly tolerated; and then simply welcomed back into the career field, but in a different jurisdiction.

Add into the mix that a Police makes pretty good pay and benefits to say the least; and it is consistently vile way to see any public servant act.

Very confusing.

18 Likes

Gabriel was charged with disorderly conduct.

19 Likes

Dam, that’s a good pun.

5 Likes

Shameful conduct, unbecoming an officer.

4 Likes

Every Accusation Is A Confession

6 Likes

I feel like there should be regular drug testing of cops in addition to implementing a nationwide register of abuse violations.

3 Likes

Police are drug tested. But if he’s just drunk one night they have no way of knowing that.

Please. As if the police union wouldn’t do all they can to mitigate that.

The police are not held accountable for break the same laws they are charged with enforcing.

I… I didn’t say anything about that. Just that drug testing, in this case, wouldn’t help. Cop can get drunk in an hour. Who would know? OF Course the union would fight it and he would still get paid for months while relaxing at home and all is shit. Stop fighting with people that are on your side. you weaken the pack.

cops are not held to the same standard as the rest of us. They can break laws with impunity.

They really should have police take a breathalyzer at the start and end of duty as well.

No THAT’s a suggestion with legs. I love it. Or one of those breathalizers that starts the car.

I can’t