Beloved sports coach ignored sexual abuse of children

We’re not a monolith and plenty of women can be just as bone headed as men - because we’re human and prone to the same blind spots and prejudice as anyone else. Plenty of women will nod their heads in agreement when the topic turns to rape, and nod their head sagely when someone brings up not wearing a short skirt or going to frat parties or drinking in public.

Why not just say students, or people, or Penn State partisans? And if you knew you’d “catch flack” why put it out there? What do we gain by that distinction you made, do you think?

As for turning over rocks, it’s my life and I assure you, I generally don’t have to seek out BS, it generally just drops in my lap. I wish it weren’t so, believe me. I’d prefer to go through life NOT having to think about this stuff, as it’s depressing and will likely lead me to an early grave. But there it is. I can’t not think about it, because it’s there daily.

8 Likes

[quote=“Apache, post:44, topic:81338”]
knew I’d catch flack for that. Lighten up, will you?[/quote]
You knew it was a silly thing to say, and yet you went ahead.

1 Like

Football has been too sacred for too long.

So much rape, so many lives ruined by violence, do many minds destroyed by concussions. So many people’s suffering ignored because football.

It should be recognized as the religion it is, and no religion should ever get a free pass on abuse.

2 Likes

Oh, no, no, no… clearly I was on the rag and overreacted! :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.