Beloved Virginia farm takes heat for standing up against white supremacy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/12/beloved-virginia-farm-takes-he.html

17 Likes

Always knew I loved Cox…

17 Likes

If I’m ever in Centerville, VA, I know where I’ll do all my shopping.

28 Likes

Cox are the best!

10 Likes

Centerville! It’s a real nice place to raise your kiiiiids uuuupppp!

7 Likes

If it wasn’t so far, I’d go there just to support their business.

15 Likes

Wonderful people, wonderful place - they were boycotted a few years ago when a BLM sign was visible in one of the resident’s windows. I had the honor and delight of being a hayride driver there in 2001, and incorporated the lessons learned about magic and wampeters into my novel “Trashed Forsaken,” which includes a slightly mythologized tale of the genesis of Cox Farms.

23 Likes

Yep, District 10, Barbara Comstock (R-Va), so not surprised they are taking heat.

Tea Party trumpland bigtime.

14 Likes

Dear Sweet Baby Cthulhu!!

What kind of nation do we have that we have to be reminded that Nazis are fucking terrible people!

That being said, good job Cox.

37 Likes

Every single business/organization out there (hear that Google, local governments, et al) should read Cox’s response and resoundingly sign on to it. It says it all.

41 Likes

ZOMG I want to like this eleventy million times!
But I can’t, so I’m going to repeat it instead!

You get the idea…

18 Likes

Well done Cox, well done.

7 Likes

When places like this take heat you just look where it’s coming from and call them out for being bigots. Good for Cox.

9 Likes

What have we learned today, class? That’s right! White Supremacists aren’t fans of the Cox.

6 Likes

These peeps seem like they get something important.

3 Likes

They adopted Foamhenge when it needed a new home, too!
http://www.coxfarms.com/Foamhenge.aspx
hqdefault

9 Likes

It’s hard to get most people to flat-out admit that they support Nazis, so the narrative has somehow mutated into “people who oppose fascism are the REAL fascists!”

12 Likes

I think it’s time for another deep PSA from Aamer Rahman, this time about American Nazis:

And remember that “anti-antifa” is a double-negative, kids! You can just cancel the ‘anti-s’ and call such people fascists. ;D

24 Likes

I have seen that sign!

1 Like

I’m resisting right now.

9 Likes