Ben Carson confused 'REO' (HUD real estate term) with 'Oreo' (the cookie)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/21/oreo-speedcookie.html

Trump Did Not Pick HUD Secretary for Smarts, Nope

7 Likes

NeatBronzeFallowdeer-size_restricted

20 Likes

“Oreo” is also a slang term some black people use to describe… well, people like Carson.

21 Likes

Motherfucker IS an Oreo

7 Likes

Could be worse. He may have thought she meant that river that twists through the dusty land…

16 Likes

tumblr_p0tbqxdkyN1qg2n7mo1_400

5 Likes

maybe the real rio was the dancer on the sand the whole time!

3 Likes

If this dude lived through the financial crisis and doesn’t know what an REO is, he’s either lazy or stupid.

Then again, why not both?

4 Likes

Nah, he just Can’t Fight This Feeling

10 Likes

Beat me by 1 minute. [Shakes fist at cruel skies]

4 Likes

And this guy is a brain surgeon?

Too much self practice I assume…

16 Likes

I’ve adjusted my expectations for the intelligence of Rocket Scientists just so I won’t be caught off guard like that again.

11 Likes

Is it just me or has Ben Carson mostly kept his head down this whole time? (I assume napping)

4 Likes

27 Likes

what does herman cain have to do with ben carson?

Ben Carson is an honest-to-goodness medical doctor, so I have to assume he is reasonably intelligent.

But then he makes light of the fact that he doesn’t even know the ins and outs of his current job by posing with a box of cookies.

Why was he hired to run HUD? Because he’s black? Or because the real point of the Trump presidency is to tear down the US government from within?

14 Likes

Eep. What indeed?

3 Likes

that editing subverts the original intent of the scene.

1 Like

Recall this is the guy who thinks the Pyramids at Giza were actually grain silos and the mummies were presumably just intended to act as scarecrows.

Just because he has extensive training in his field doesn’t imply broad intelligence, general knowledge or critical thinking skills.

Yes. In Trump’s mind “urban”=“black.”

15 Likes

It’s a bit of a shame: back in the good old days a willingness to cozy up with nazis did provide some undeniable expertise in rocket science. Now not so much.

3 Likes