Ben Carson now blaming his own wife for the $31,000 dining set

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/20/ben-carson-now-blaming-his-own.html

6 Likes

Pathetic little coward, just like the rest of the trump crowd. Grow a pair and admit you stole from the taxpayers. Nobody in this administration cares. They wear it proudly.

36 Likes

Last I heard it’s illegal for purchases to be made by non government employees, Ben.

Nice to see how quickly you threw your wife under the bus.

44 Likes

It was, quite literally, up to you.

53 Likes

40 Likes

It’s amazing how successfully Ben Carson has challenged the prevailing stereotypes about brain surgeons being smart.

63 Likes

Coward? More like bravest man ever. I would never dare blame my wife for anything.

18 Likes

Stay Classy, Mr. Carson.

10 Likes

As the Democrats on the committee pointed out:
• He’s admitting to letting his wife use taxpayer money without his oversight.
• This is the third version of the dining set story he’s told, which means his previous two statements were falsehoods.

45 Likes

Can you image being halfway through the anesthesiologist putting you to sleep for your brain cancer operation and the last thing you hear is the surgeon saying “Did you know the pyramids were used to store grain?”

34 Likes

But he’s honorable! THE Honorable! _

6 Likes

Women be shoppin’.

EDIT: Flagged. Oh Slate can say it but I can’t?

7 Likes

For what it’s worth, “The Honorable __” is the standard form of address for all Cabinet members.

6 Likes

I guess it used to be a safer assumption back in the day?

13 Likes

It sure as hell isn’t a literal description, these days.

11 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

9 Likes

7 Likes

Hmmm, some say otherwise
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/27/politics/ben-carson-office-furniture-whistleblower/index.html

8 Likes

16 Likes

Clearly he’s an asshole for a variety of reasons. But am I the only one that thinks $31,000 isn’t too much for a nice dining room set? A nice chair could be a thousand dollars and he got like 12 of them, and a table and a credenza, and another credenza. I actually expect cabinet members to have nice furniture in their office. Even the assholes.