Ben Carson confused 'REO' (HUD real estate term) with 'Oreo' (the cookie)

Was reasonably intelligent? Kind of like how Trump interviews from the 80s weren’t ramblingly incoherent.

10 Likes

It is distressingly common for folks who know a hell of a lot in tneir chosen field to assume that their knowledge somehow can be generalized to any other field. Linus Pauling is the textbook example. If my child needed brain surgery, Dr Carson may have been a good choice. My country needs a HUD Secretary. This. Is. Not. A. Good. Choice.

14 Likes

I’d forgotten about that. Neither reasonable nor intelligent.

2 Likes

He’s a scalpel jockey, whatever intelligence he may have had has been replaced with ego.

4 Likes

Dipshit thinks he’s being cute.

6 Likes

This is just cringey on so many levels. It’s like he actively tries to be the least informed most self-oblivious person in the room. God, I hope he’s rarely in the same room with Trump, the competitive dumbfuckery would be gruesome.

11 Likes

Things I’ve learned being a nurse: being a doctor is extremely hard and just to finish residency you have to do an amazing amount of work and have total recall on a million things that you probably only read once, for the rest of your career. It’s crazy.

AND

You can be a complete and total idiot in every other way. You can be a doctor with pretty much no knowledge of anything else in the world, and no ability to communicate with other humans.

Makes no sense but totally true.

17 Likes

Agree with all except “makes no sense…” Docs as a whole, and surgeons especially (dont get me started on neurosurgeons specifically) are very vulnerable to the God syndrome. I know a shit ton about pediatrics, but that does not carry over to knowing anything about real estate, management, administration, etc. I have known a lot of docs who fall prey to this. I am personally blessed to have a wife whose mission in life is to make sure I am very aware of what a dumb ass I am outside of my field. Maybe he needs someone like that. There is term for that, the guy who whispered to the Roman general “remember you are mortal.”

11 Likes

You folks miss the bigger picture. These bench-warmers are there to destroy the govt agencies they’ve been assigned to. They take the heat, alienate the professional career staff who take early retirement, stall and destroy current regulations, block future regulations and the outcome is their desired demolition of the so-called “nanny state” for free-market answers. Don’t watch this fool Carson, watch the corporate/state takeover and destruction of government as we know it.

4 Likes

Aye; at best, he’s a just a savant.

While Carson very much seems to be the epitome of a “Self Hating Black Man,” (as well as an insufferable asshole) using bigoted slurs to describe him really falls into ‘not cool’ territory.

And I say that as a biracial Black woman who cannot stand him or his ilk.

9 Likes

He’s more of a body technician. He’s a whizz at brainy choppy, but I’d wager that he’d be hard pressed to pass a high school biology exam.

2 Likes

Did you hear the one about Caligula making his horse a senator…

Oh. You did…

5 Likes

UPGLz95

10 Likes

I think we need the “Why not both?” kid on this one.

1 Like

You know it’d make a lot of sense if a large chunk of America only learned about that in 2015.

Then collectively said “Hold our beers…” and made a horse’s ass President.

1 Like

1 Like

https://twitter.com/KatzOnEarth/status/1130892348110573569

3 Likes

there were no mummies found in the pyramids at giza tho

Exactly.  

Well, not recently.

5 Likes