Ben Carson confused 'REO' (HUD real estate term) with 'Oreo' (the cookie)

Michio Kaku comes to mind. Stay in your lane Michio.

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate this is the headline. In that same hearing Ben Carson was defending his decision to cut the HUD budget by 16%, AND implement rent increases of up to 150% on HUD subsidized housing.

5 Likes

At some point (in this case 2011) he was apparently respected enough for Spike Lee to include him in the inspirational children’s book “Giant Steps to Change the World” next to other figures like Muhammad Ali, Mother Teresa and Albert Einstein. Incredible!

Yes, Carson doubtlessly could have retained a lot more respect from the world at large if he’d stuck to operating on other people’s brains instead of sharing what was in his own.

7 Likes

So
 Spike Lee “respected” him back in 2011, 8 years ago.

That has nothing to do with Carson’s lack of experience for the position he currently holds, or his behavior in the present day.

5 Likes

For someone who knew absolutely nothing of Carson before the moronic politician phase of Carson’s life, it’s pretty easy for me to think “What a moron.” Reading what Ta-Nahisi Coates and Spike Lee have said about Carson in the past just makes me think about how awful it must be to watch Carson for some people. Unlike Ted Cruz who presumably no one ever looked up to, Ben Carson must be the most painful poster-child for “Never Meet Your Idols” ever.

5 Likes

He was never any ‘idol’ of mine; but it is exceedingly disheartening when one of us beats the countless odds stacked against Black people in America, and then they turn around and act a fucking fool, taking their blessings completely for granted.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.