Ben Carson has nutty theories about the Egyptian pyramids

Wait, what? Why is his longevity ‘directly attributable’ to loads of Vitamin C and not, say, random chance?

Because we’ve now studied the effects of high dose c on both kidney necrosis and graves and IV vitamin C has become part of the standard therapy when treating such conditions precisely because it does increase longevity in people suffering from AFR, Graves, etc. and reduces the oxidative stress caused by these conditions just as he predicted.

Some studies: 1 2 3 4

while vitamin c doesn’t cure the common cold, it is one of the most useful suppliments in aiding the body fight off a cold infection. while vitamin c doesn’t cure cancer, it is helpful in treating many cancers (search pubmed for vitamin c and ovarian cancer). his initial hypothesis, while a bit extreme, weren’t entirely out to lunch, he was just too optimistic…lol. the guy was very smart though. we’ve come full circle since the initial attempts to discredit his work on many of the applications, dosing, and other aspects of his C research. his contributions were invaluable imho.

2 Likes

The black and white thinking of religious fundamentalism strikes again. To someone like Carson, any man who’s so much as held hands with another man (while doing anything other than praying) who isn’t his direct relative is totes ghey and going straight to hell.

2 Likes

Me neither. And let me tell you, the marine biologists have been getting shit wrong for the longest time. Everyone knows that once starfish go through puberty, they become octopi.

Also, everybody knows that Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue because he wanted to figure out how to boil the oceans so he could get at all that sweet dye that was right under his feet!

And boy howdy, when you tell people that the St. Louis arch is really just a huge staple holding down the city (because it would float away otherwise, duh), they just can’t believe they didn’t know that before!

Oh, and St. Bernards (the dog breed, not the leader of the illuminati) are really depressed werewolves who were caught trying to purchase kittens from an undercover FBI agent and forced into doing government work (hence all the avalanche dog nonsense).

My friend has been trying to tell me that llamas are actually the taller cousins of sheep, BUT THAT’S BULLSHIT.

7 Likes

no, the opposite in fact. slave, grain, and livestock records have been found for the construction of several of the pyramids and most of the slave labor was Ethiopian, but slave labor only made up a small fraction of the labor, most of it was built by Egyptians conscripted for labor. Slavery in egypt wasn’t even popular until after the time period that the pyramids were built. We’ve even found the graves of the workers, and that matches the know records consisting of mostly Egyptians.

[quote]Graves of the pyramid builders were first discovered in the area in 1990 when a tourist on horseback stumbled over a wall that later proved to be a tomb. Egypt’s archaeology chief Zahi Hawass said that discovery and the latest finds last week show that the workers were paid laborers, rather than the slaves of popular imagination.

Hawass told reporters at the site that the find, first announced on Sunday, sheds more light on the lifestyle and origins of the pyramid builders. Most importantly, he said the workers were not recruited from slaves commonly found across Egypt during pharaonic times.

Hawass said the builders came from poor Egyptian families from the north and the south, and were respected for their work – so much so that those who died during construction were bestowed the honor of being buried in the tombs near the sacred pyramids of their pharaohs.
[/quote]
http://news.discovery.com/history/ancient-egypt/pyramids-tombs-giza-egypt.htm

not only that, the construction time periods are quite a ways off from biblical dates by no small amount. Christians claim the Bible is a literal historical document, thus Jewish slaves built the pyramids, but the Bible actually doesn’t mention pyramids at all, this idea came from Herodotus a greek historian.

3 Likes

Joseph was around about 1700BC (if he existed at all).
The Great Pyramid was built around 2500BC.
It was a crumbling ancient ruin by Joseph’s time.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Thank you @Mindysan33, I needed that. :smile:

3 Likes

Are we keeping a spreadsheet of trigger words on google docs?

1 Like

Historians. What do those smug assholes know about history?

8 Likes

I just assumed that someone was thinking that!

2 Likes

I’m really hoping we can get through this whole list, either by Ben Carson or any other no-opinion-myself-just-askin’ folks.

Not enough

8 Likes
3 Likes

I heard Ben Carson believes hunter-gatherers built Göbekli Tepe.

Oh wow, 26 years I spent in that city and never heard that one. I will have to use that in the future.

3 Likes

Depends. Are we talking Marxist historians, anarchist historians, feminist historians or “historians” like David Icke?

Much like economics, history is one of those fields of study in which, the more you study it, the more you realise that no one actually understands it but that’s OK because it means everyone else is just winging it too.

Don’t even get me started on archaeology, anthropology or linguistics…

At the school I went to, there was an entire department devoted solely to the study of the plumbing, so to speak, of the Egyptian pyramids. They were Pharaoh faucet majors.

14 Likes

The pyramids have settled a lot since this 1676 depiction so it is possible that they used to have more empty space inside.

6 Likes

Those are Nubian pyramids.

2 Likes

i want to visit wherever those are, they look pretty neat. :slight_smile:

edit: @slybevel, oh cool, going to read up on them. thx.

2 Likes