Ben Carson wants to raise rents on public housing tenants by 300%+, attacking elderly, people with disabilities and working poor

Seriously.

Surgeons and Pilots. Very effective people, but they’re not generally going to admit you’re their equals, other than for the sake of conversation.

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Unemployment also includes part-time jobs. Post-ACA implementation, quite a few employers cut non-management hours to 28/week to eliminate group health insurance benefits. This necessitated an additional 20-30% new hires, which made Obama look great on unemployment reduction.

Trump term new hires are mostly minimum wage and/or temp agency hires. Poverty wage jobs will be eliminated in the future by robots and no replacement jobs will be available.

Ben Carson’s bootstrap factory is a bankrupt fiction, and housing codes and zoning laws prevent affordable poverty-level housing. Taxpayers will foot an even bigger bill, first for policing and jailing homeless, and then for Trumpoid crooked contractors who will build shoddy human warehousing at far greater expense than trailers or tiny houses.

My SWAG is that the GOP will use biological warfare to rid themselves of surplus workers, and that it will jump the class divide via uninsured domestics.

3 Likes

I’m willing to concede that I’m not their equal. Although I still expect equal treatment.

My wife served with the Peace Corps in Brazil in the 70s. One thing that stuck with her all these years was that the poorest people were also the hardest workers. I see the same thing among the migrant workers here in the Skagit Valley–the farmers could not stay in business if they had to depend on US-born workers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.