Sadly, they are correct!

9 Likes

6331_ca21

Oh, that’s conservative thinkers.

Oxymoron

16 Likes

And ox-like morons.

14 Likes

Maybe I’m just dense or insufficiently attention-seeking, but I thought crime was already banned. You know, by definition.

15 Likes

I think he’s trying to say that all of the candidates fail to mention crime, so they’re (supposedly) soft on crime.

Maybe? :woman_shrugging:

13 Likes

We need to outlaw murder, theft and rape TWICE!

No. . . wait. . . THREE times. . .

No, hold on, I got this. . . ummm. . . .

9 Likes

Pretty sure both. He says really dumb things, but they’re crafted to seem like he really “owned” someone on the left (so long as you have no functional brain cells to think about what he said).

That’s his implication, because they failed to mention it specifically in the context of things they’d like to ban, even though that makes no sense. Implying that liberals love crime is one of those right-wing talking points right now, so any chance he gets to disingenuously imply it’s true, he’ll take it. (Of course, he’s a disingenuous idiot, so it’s hard to tell where one leaves off and the other begins.)

“My opponent loves crime - he only wants to ban it five times! But I, on the other hand, want to ban it a bajillion times. I think the legislature should spend 100% of its time passing laws about crime that already exist. No, wait, they should spend 110% of their time…”

15 Likes

well this should make criminal’s think twice.

2 Likes
7 Likes

They aren’t wrong.

Hey, he can construct grammatically correct sentences. Doesn’t that count for something? (Checks notes) apparently not really. Fine, as you were.

5 Likes

Plutocorporatoligarchy?

5 Likes

There’s a pandemic going on, Ben. Why would we waste our time banning crime when we should be working toward something like banning disease?

2008-01-21-proposition

15 Likes

:thinking:

9 Likes

At 37 he is perhaps technically “young” … barely

also all day every day since the beginning of time

11 Likes

Everyone knows that if you ban crime, then cops would be out of a job. And we can’t have that.

4 Likes

This is admittedly so unfair to Kix.

4 Likes

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

16 Likes

Also, from the midnight society where historical horror authors gather to tell stories, a thread I appreciated.

7 Likes

Yeah, true - though the nature of the accusations seem to have changed. Before it was about being “soft on crime” (i.e. insufficiently authoritarian), now it’s these (increasingly) unhinged, hysterical accusations about being pro- crime.

6 Likes