Bernie Sanders, at 82, isn't done: Announces he's running for "most consequential election in our lifetimes" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/06/bernie-sanders-at-82-isnt-done-announces-hes-running-for-most-consequential-election-in-our-lifetimes-video.html

10 Likes

I like Sanders well enough, but come on, man.

1. We need upper age limits.

2. Why are none of these old guards finding and taking younger local people under their wing and, for lack of a better word, grooming them to be replacements.Get me a 45 year old Bernie acolyte.

8 Likes

There are better words: Training. Apprenticing. Preparing. Mentoring.

15 Likes

… just like the last one

and the next one :thinking:

10 Likes

That’s what happens when one option keeps getting worse. It will keep going so long as they get in half the time anyway. :frowning:

8 Likes

… it’s certainly the most consequential election people have the opportunity to vote in this year

8 Likes

I can’t say Dianne Feinstein attempting to hang on to her seat for as long as she did wasn’t a problem or that Mitch McConnell’s freezing up isn’t bizarre (he couldn’t leave soon enough for a number of reasons) but not everyone declines at the same age.

I mean, this missing link should technically still be in her prime. 0_o

3 Likes

I like that Bernie is apparently “still going strong at age 82,” in spite of the fact that he had A FREAKIN’ HEART ATTACK on the campaign trail in 2017, but Biden is still too old at (checks notes) 81.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.