Bernie Sanders can only win if nonvoters turn out at the polls, and they almost never do

From the Republican Lexicon:

Voter Fraud - n. Voting as performed by non-white, non-Christian, non-conservative people.

13 Likes

None of which would prevent him from releasing his taxes from prior years. And yet, he hasnā€™t done so.

Why do you think he hasnā€™t done so?

[quote=ā€œart_carnage, post:23, topic:76266ā€]
Although Sanders claims to be worth ā€œonlyā€ $700,000, others investigating have put the total at $1.2 to $1.5 million. 4 to 5 Clinton speaking engagements.
[/quote]Full disclosure - my annual income is between 0.45 and 0.7 Clinton speaking engagements.

9 Likes

Sorry, Iā€™m notā€¦

All I know is that his failure to do so puts him in the same boat as the majority of the GOP candidates.

Your point escapes me. You donā€™t think private citizens should be able to charge speaking fees?

Maybe in your mind, but not in that of most voters. Mine, for instance, where it takes a lot more than that to put him in the same boat as those diametrically opposed bastards.

6 Likes

Color me unsurprised.

7 Likes

You donā€™t think private citizens should be able to charge speaking fees?

If the boat is the U.S.S. HASNā€™T DISCLOSED TAXES, then yeah, theyā€™re in the same boat.

What I think is that itā€™s ridiculous to give a shit about the tax returns of a candidate who makes less in one year than another does in twenty minutes while speaking to Golden Sacks (and while saying who knows what, given that she wonā€™t release the transcripts of her speeches ā€“ bit more of a worry that, no?).

10 Likes

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WVsA1TG3Mhw/UDHgq-tTdqI/AAAAAAAAAes/CLqIGagka54/s800/goalpost2.gif

15 Likes

(I sometimes wonder just where the hell those ants think theyā€™re actually taking that thing.)

8 Likes

Which one of those prior years was he running for President? Iā€™m also still waiting for your evidence that heā€™s currently stalling.

Please answer the question.

You appear to be stalling on that question as well.

7 Likes

I hear Bernie Sanders breathes airā€¦just like Adolf Hitler did! ::gasp::

Throughout your dogged pursuit of this taxes issue, youā€™ve not be able to articulate anything that makes Sandersā€™ taxes interesting except the implication that maybe heā€™s hiding something because he hasnā€™t produced them as promptly or to the fullest extent of your expectations.

So my question to you is, why havenā€™t you dug up your yard to show us that you donā€™t have any dead bodies buried there yet? The longer you decline to do so, the more suspicious it is.

You want him to produce them in order to prove a negative that you wonā€™t even articulate.

12 Likes

Do you really think that youā€™re only supposed to release the most current year? Romney got BLASTED for only releasing the last 3 years. Clinton has released the last 15 years.

Since when has ANY presidential candidate released transcripts of speeches made as a private citizen?

It was just a matter of time before some chucklehead went and Goodwined the conversation. Geez, what a rube.

So youā€™re saying the absence of evidence really isnā€™t evidence of absence? Or, waitā€¦

Okay, finally established to my satisfaction that weā€™re dealing with an idjit here. Bye bye, have a good one, etc.

6 Likes

This is a reverse Godwin. Iā€™m not actually comparing Bernie Sanders to Hitler. Iā€™m saying your guilt by association of Sanders not having released ā€œenoughā€ of his taxes for your taste the same as some GOP candidates is just as absurd as unjustly comparing someone to Hitler.

5 Likes

There is, of course, no law which requires the disclosure of those transcripts.

And if there is one thing Hillary knows how to do, it is how to stay .000001mm on the side of the law.

Those who are deciding to vote for her or for Sanders are completely entitled to consider her failure to voluntarily disclose them in making their decision, the letter of the law notwithstanding.

9 Likes