Bernie Sanders is (by far!) the most popular politician in America

He isn’t a Democrat. That’s no small part of the popularity. Do we really have to do this? You know better!

9 Likes

While I agree that coming here to complain about the selfish and tribal behavior of the democrats gets us nowhere, lets be clear: it is them, the DNC and traditional democrats, that are cutting off their nose (their fiefdom) to spite their face (a populist movement that can win - and ultimately the entirety of the American people by abdicating to the GOP] and their nut jobs). Not me.

Obviously you can reply to any post on this thread with “then get off your ass and do something”. Meh. You have no clue what I am doing - follow your own advice.

8 Likes

I only see one byte mark, and it ain’t on her bee hind. :wink: bee kind.

off topic conversations are like that. As he isn’t a Democrat. :wink:

5 Likes

You’re making allies, right? Oh, wait, obviously not that

6 Likes

Well, it tells the story if you know how to read it. Bernie’s overall standing with the electorate is Yuuuge! (much better than Trump’s). The Dem’s biggest boner was assuming that business as usual was going to sell. It showed in a lot more than the presidential vote too, didn’t it? From where I stand here in Canada, a fair number of Dems, including most of the party establishment, appear to be doubling down on stupid.

13 Likes

Too true.

6 Likes

And the democrats were concerned with making allies in Sander’s camp? :sweat_smile::

4 Likes

Some. Yes, surely. And when you’re ready, you can too.

8 Likes

Watching all this from Canada, I get the distinct impression the only way to overcome a Trump is field another Trump. Conventional politicians, however well-meaning, may not be the answer.

Top of mind would be the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Jeff Bezos, Mark Cuban - people who can actually prove their wealth (instantly a threat to Trump), plus talk a good game and get people motivated to show up at the polls.

1 Like

Still trotting out those shop-worn lines from the primary?

Would his numbers be as good if he were sitting president? Unlikely, but who knows. But the reality is that the DNC held Clinton like a gun to the nation’s head, and made the election a game of Russian Roulette with Trump as the bullet. They own their failure, and if they don’t come to grips with that, the oldest continual political party in the country will die a slow, painful death.

7 Likes

Good. Then the dem standing behind you.

Lolwhut?

Yes, the answer to our billionaire problem is another billionaire- that oughta do the trick!

3 Likes

There is still someone in your way. He’s the one calling names. Perhaps he’s the one behind you?

That guy doesn’t want allies.

6 Likes

He ran for President under the Democrat banner vs an Independent one. Probably because for President you are either one party or the other if you want a shot at it. One could argue Trump isn’t a real Republican either.

But really, of all the statements one could make about Sanders, that has to be the least controversial. You did notice @doctorow said “other Democrats” as well, right?

That wasn’t my point though. My point was bolstering @waetherman flippant and snarky comment. He’s right, too many people are sick of the Democrats and Republicans and someone complaining against them is a popular thing. Then there was @doctorow 's observation that being critical of Trump alone isn’t the reason for the popularity, else the Democrats would be more popular. Which I agreed with, but added that it was because Sanders is also critical of Democrats.

7 Likes

Said like a tribe member that does not want to loose their failing domain of crumbling power - you assume they have the same motivations as you. Pathetic…

You are wrong. The movement that was brought into focus by Sanders gives no shits about these things and only wants to move the country in a positive direction. Get out of the way DNC. Hand over the reigns.

1 Like

Trump joined the party.

Do you recycle this much in your own household? That I could applaud.

yea, that sounds like someone who wants allies.

I may be incorrect, but only one of us is being wrong about it.

he movement that was brought into focus by Sanders gives no shits about these things and only wants to move the country in a positive direction. Get out of the way DNC. Hand over the reigns.

Your expertise in no shits given is evident. I suggest a cooling walk outside, and a return with fresh eyes. Your tantrum here today, at me, can end when you’re ready. See you around. No harm no foul, but you’ve missed badly.

6 Likes

As a senator he represents 0.2% of the US population (Vermont’s population is 650K). That means 99.8% of the people approving of him today only have an idealized version to evaluate.

Is this “salami slicing”, or “no true scotsman-ing”. It’s so hard to keep up.

13 Likes

Exactly. This is just like the “can’t give up the moral high ground” argument.

The moral high ground is a hill you climb up, not a flag to be waved for the cameras.

3 Likes