Bernie Sanders is more popular than Trump, but the press ignores him

Feel the Reverse-Bern?

Watch the Full Killer Mike & Bernie Sanders Interview Here

2 Likes

Trump is a salesman and every good salesman knows how to tell his customers what they want to hear. But then…

1 Like

There may be a lower bound, but my watching the politics these days tells me we haven’t gotten there yet. :sob:

3 Likes

Bernie Sanders, aka POTUS Sanders, is the most sensible candidate. Go, Bernie!

6 Likes

The truth is the Democratic party is in such a slump they can’t even make the debt payments they racked up and are trying to “borrow” money from the Federal Government to pay off their Convention. I for one, do not think taxpayers should be footing the bill if their own party cannot raise the needed funds.

Not paying much attention?

2 Likes

Bread, now, is a negative image. It is the existential threat of unemployment. That’s why the the anus-lickers have grown so numerous as to constitute at least 41% of the Republicans. Probably much more than that, given that Cruz and Carson don’t present much more than a pucker.

To me, the real question is why are (were) there fifteen Republicans running, but only three Democrats.

Or we can make all elections public, because we should all be footing the bill for a properly running democracy…

Run along, “libertarian”…

14 Likes

If you count Larry Lessig, Jim Webb and Lincoln Chafee as Democrats, there were 6.

Of course, you could argue there were only two.

So, in the event that Donald Trump is the nominee, the public should be obligated to foot the bill for his campaign?

Yep. Although sensible limits should be set on what candidates can spend. Presumably that would require a constitutional amendment, though.

9 Likes

Ah, I see. So American muslims and latinos should swallow their outrage and pay for a campaign that maligns them.

And a racist technocrat like Woodrow Wilson, too, I assume? What about a George Wallace type? Should black Americans be obligated to support their campaigns?

That’s the nature of public funding. You have to provide access to everyone who can meet whatever bar you set for attaining funding, no matter how distasteful their views are.

I support proportional representation, even though I know it would give seats to people whose views I find abhorrent.

13 Likes

According to the National Review, Donald Trump has no problem accepting taxpayer money:
“[Donald] Trump may have flip-flopped on all sorts of issues, but when it comes to corporations feeding at the public trough, he’s been steady as a rock.”

4 Likes

See, I think it’s a violation of a person’s rights to make them pay for political speech they don’t support. Plus, freedom of association surely includes freedom of disassociation – I shouldn’t be yoked to a campaign I fundamentally disagree with.

Plus, that way you don’t have the sorry spectacle of gay Americans paying someone to tell them they’re going to hell, etc.

Paying for diverse political speech is a good idea.

Substitute “illegal war” for “political speech” and then maybe yes.

3 Likes

Some call it grifting. Sarah Palin sold a LOT of books.

5 Likes