Bernie Sanders leads Iowa Poll for the first time, just weeks before Iowa Caucus

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/10/bernie-sanders-leads-iowa-poll.html

9 Likes
3 Likes

This race is going to be especially unpredictable, because we have a few candidates hovering around 15% of the vote, which can make the process… interesting:

13 Likes

So Sanders currently holds a tight lead over Sanders?

21 Likes

Go, Bernie, Go!

20 Likes

It should be “Warren, Biden, and Buttigieg”…I was looking at the graphic with the polling numbers and thought it was strange that Warren was omitted.

9 Likes

come on, Bernie, you can DO THIS.

16 Likes

FEEL THE BERN!

Bern Biden down, and take Elizabeth with you all the way buddy!

10 Likes

Bernie is my second choice after Andrew Yang, so go Bernie! We don’t need more pawns of the establishement who got us in these messes in the first place. It looks like Bernie is peaking at the right time.

6 Likes

40 years of consistency: healthcare, foreign policy, human rights, LGBTQ rights , racial justice, workers rights… Everyone else is kind of meh, even Elizabeth Warren. She voted for this last military budget that Trump may use to go to war. For me he is the only logical choice.

19 Likes

Bernie wasn’t an early leader on gay rights and was later to the party on trans rights- the Burlington non discrimination law did not include trans people.

He wasn’t an outward opponent either - but he surely wasn’t a leader.

Burlington only covers sexual orientation in housing - not employment or public accommodations- it doesn’t cover gender identity in any of those areas.

From the Human Rights Campaign Municipal Equality Index.

It took the statewide law to cover trans people for anything- and gay people for the other areas.

14 Likes

Sanders took the lead in the Democratic field and narrowly overtook his closest competitors, Sanders, Biden, and Buttigieg, all in a tight scrum just behind Sanders.

that sentence needs an edit - Sanders is just ahead of himself according to its wording! Well you know Sanders is going to win if he’s even beating Sanders.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Love that they had a Bob Einstein impersonation in there!

3 Likes

I’ve said it before, but tumblr_ngzk6uisvM1rsrbdko1_500

10 Likes

If Biden were up by +3 to +5 the media would describe it as a “commanding” lead, but for Sanders they say “it’s not an uncontested lead.”

10 Likes

Makes it hard to stick up for the press under trump’s attacks when they clearly act so bias against Sanders.

9 Likes

Out of curiosity, is there a candidate in the serious running with a better record on trans rights than Mr. Sanders?

Because it sure is not Mr. Trump.

1 Like

Is that your standard? Not as bad as Donnie?

Do you apply it to things that effect yourself as well?

7 Likes

Not at all, nor do I ask it only about things that affect others. I was literally merely asking.