Bernie Sanders was not amused by Sacha Baron Cohen's disguised character

<-- I’m not particularly a Sanders fan and I thought the segment was pointless and not that funny.

OK, you can trick someone into thinking you’re someone you’re not. But so what?

With Bernie, he didn’t “catch” him on anything, in the same way he did catch the NRA/Republicans being racist/bigoted/delusional/etc.

If all you’re doing is being a fool in the presence of a Famous Person to catch their reaction… and then you get the same reaction you’d get by any other person… what’s the point?

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I’m not going to read this in one go, but I read the part about his method.

It’s interesting, because it feels a bit like it’s related to Trump’s style. He chats nicely with people, does a little charming and then suddenly says extraordinary things.

Bernie Sanders was polite, calm and prepared to tell him that he was wrong. The Republicans just saw Dollar signs.

4 Likes

I think he bought part of it because he asked if the actor was disabled.

Or he acknowledged the “disability” to make his point. I think that’s just as or more likely.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking for a bit about this and come to the conclusion that a lot of people on the actual left have had to deal with agent provocateurs trying to persuade them to do illegal or socially unacceptable acts. There is no equivalent of that on the right, other than the likes of SBC making them look foolish.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.