Bernie Sanders was not amused by Sacha Baron Cohen's disguised character

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/17/bernie-sanders-was-not-amused.html

4 Likes

I see no video clip.

2 Likes

Kinda feel like the best technique to access elected officials for some guerilla lobbying might be to schedule an interview with a film crew from some vaguely sympathetic sounding outlet. Who wants to start canvassing university journalism departments to recruit student videographers?

4 Likes

This seems to be it, more or less:

It looks to me like Bernie saw through it based on his expression. But maybe that’s just me projecting. Sacha needs to work on his (U.S.) Southern accent.

13 Likes

I guess I just don’t find it funny because Bernie is trying to have a serious conversation and quickly realizes this guy is worthless. It’s just funnier when those spineless Republicans not only take the bait but try putting some kind of a spin on it to be agreeable and just go down the rabbit hole of jackassery all in the name of “PR” i guess :confused:

20 Likes

All publicity is good publicity.

2 Likes

I don’t see how most of the fooled don’t see the prosthetic work in front of them, to be honest.

3 Likes

Move the 99% into the 1%

They would no longer be the 1%.

Soo, economic redistribution, basically.

Still a moot point, because anyone making over 50k a year would be responding in this manner:

3 Likes

So… Bernie Sanders is more savvy than the average Republican shill; whodathunkit?

25 Likes

honestly, a lot of people are not amused by Sacha Baron Cohen, so there’s that.

14 Likes

Headline seemed to imply Bernie had issued a response upon learning it was Baron Cohen.

Came away disappointed.

6 Likes

Bernie was still making an effort in spite of the (simulated) Trumpanzee level intellect.

7 Likes

<-- I’m a Bernie Sanders supporter and this is hilarious.

6 Likes

It makes me wonder what the rest of the people in his day are like.

5 Likes

Didn’t SBC have this skit back to front? Isn’t his shtick meant to be that that the interviewee is the one making a fool of themselves?

this wafts strongly of james o’keefe-like tactics.

The Yes Men do it better.

3 Likes

Seems like a pretty steep hill to climb if you set out to make palin and walsh look dumber than they are. I really don’t care who SBC goes after cause if they are dumb enough to fall for his stuff they’re too dumb to matter. I kind of liked SBC’s stuff when it was new and fresh but this is just shooting fish in a barrel. Find a new routine…I realize you gotta make a buck but surely you can do better than this.

2 Likes

What do you do when you have reached the bottom of the barrel?

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought it was one of the less convincing characters. He should have done a liberal character, similar to what he did with the Republicans.

2 Likes