Sacha Baron Cohen gets O.J. Simpson to joke about killing wives in awkward interview on "Who Is America?"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/27/sacha-baron-cohen-gets-o-j-si.html

3 Likes

As much as his inane brand of humor is entirely unamusing to me, I understand the purpose of exposing the absurdity of politicians and other powerbrokers. I don’t see the use, other than the profit of course, of making a spectacle out of a desperate has-been who’s most remembered for his flamboyant attorney and the racist detective who flubbed his domestic murder trial.

Also, why do people drink Sapporo?

3 Likes

Who’s the “girl friend”? Asking for a friend.

1 Like

I think that’s Emanuela Postacchini.

3 Likes

It’s a matter of comedic taste. For me, OJ and that crazy freakshow trial remains comedy gold. Even the Goldman family couldn’t help but get in on the mockery.

3 Likes

If the glove doesn’t fit, you must acquit.

Hearkens back to the ole century, gosh I miss it so.

1 Like

Ah yes, the days when I felt like I could mostly ignore the news. I think I was one of the very few people that managed to not watch a single bit of the OJ chase and trial.

It was a happier time.

3 Likes

Wait, OJ is out of prison again? Nuts.

1 Like

Cohen is a genius at what he does. No doubt about it, but I have trouble really getting into the show.

There are a couple of truly hysterical moments like the congressman running at him ass-first and the redneck quinceanera, but most of the guests seem like decent, reasonable people who are just trying to humor whatever character Cohen is playing.

2 Likes

I haven’t watched any but a couple clips, but it sounds like he found plenty of raging assholes, too.

He definitely did, but more than half the time, it seems like he is the one being the raging asshole, and the other people are just trying to be nice and get along.

2 Likes

Seems to be removed from YouTube :frowning:

1 Like

That’s a real person’s name?

Like not a name made up to sound vaguely like Italian noodle dishes??

It’s funny because they’re laughing about murder!!
Ha. Ha. Ha.

Now that you mention it, Postacchini does sound like a type of noodle. :slight_smile: Maybe one that looks like a small envelope. With a bit of lemon and shrimp… sounds delicious.

I thought there was a famous violin maker that was a Postacchini. <looks> Andrea Postacchini.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.