Betty White dead at 99

Betty white helgenbargen...

23 Likes

Sorry, it’s just not possible. Nope, not going to accept that.

19 Likes

Thank you for a solid laugh to chase up this sad news.

I really enjoyed the Betty White Show back in the 70’s; and Golden Girls, thereafter. What with her charm, and comic timing, and allyship for the Gay community; she seems to have an all-round class act. I love the idea of Bea Arthur getting grumpy over Betty White’s upbeat personality.

And what a pair of dimples, too.

@chgoliz That was a chuckle. Thank you. Nice to see Ed Asner, too; another recent loss.

28 Likes

She was a recurring character in St. Elsewhere as a NASA bureaucrat. In one episode (Close Encounters) there was a patient in the mental ward who was convinced he was Mary Richards. In one scene he ran into Betty White’s character in the hallway and yelled out, “Sue Ann The Happy Homemaker! It’s me, Mary!” to which she replies with perfect comedic timing, “you must have me confused with someone else.”

30 Likes

Just…fuck you 2021. One last double middle on the last day of the year??

9 Likes

57 Likes
31 Likes

And Gavin MacLeod and Cloris Leachman; 2021 really had it out for the Mary Tyler Moore Show :grimacing:

13 Likes

The End Times are truly upon us.

10 Likes

Very sad. A good life and legacy. A few days ago I was talking with Miss A and, for some reason, we broke into, “thank you for being a friend”. At the random moment, Betty White flashed over me. I’m no medium. Just mentioning. Rip Betty White. X

10 Likes

I will have to see if I can find some Password clips - my introduction to her while home sick on school days.

9 Likes

People might not be aware, but she was the first woman to host a talk show… And she got in trouble for having Arthur Duncan, a Black tap dancer as a performer on it…

36 Likes

RIP Happy Homemaker.

15 Likes

She got one last prank in after all…

21 Likes

The party plans remind me of George Burns. Fans plan for a major milestone birthday event, but the guests of honor can’t attend. :cry:

RIP Betty White, and thanks for all the joy and laughter you shared.
laugh cry GIF

22 Likes

This is a wonderful watch for to learn more about her.

15 Likes

Match Game was a great show, you could always tell which episodes were shot later in the day.

14 Likes

Did she not respond to Snickers?

1 Like

Well that sucks. At least we got to enjoy her for a good long while!

7 Likes

ETA: ninja’d by @Mindysan33

28 Likes