Betty White dead at 99

coca cola coke GIF

18 Likes

Anderson and Andy just had Leslie Jordan on. I love that guy.

He talked about that time Betty killed him with a skillet(Boston Legal). Funny story and more evidence of how much she was loved.

7 Likes

The phrase “gone too soon” typically doesn’t apply to someone aged 99, but Betty White definitely left us too soon.

21 Likes
9 Likes

Such sad news, but I can easily imagine she wouldn’t want her passing to stop us all from having the best time we can tonight.

FB_IMG_1641017053826

18 Likes

VodkaHobby

20 Likes

To commemorate Betty White here’s a 2-hour compilation of her appearances on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (thankfully he’s still alive but I miss his show a lot): Betty White - Practically A 2 Hour Comedy Special - 18/22 Visits & More In Chron. Order - YouTube

11 Likes

I miss her already. As @MBrody said, she may have lived to be 99, but she’s still been taken from us too soon. She’s been part of my life for as long as I can remember, and while I don’t generally get too verklempt when celebrities leave us, she leaves a big hole of laughter that I’ll miss very much.

15 Likes

I’ll be watching Lake Placid this weekend; her profane character slays me dead. It’s not a huge role, but it’s awesome.

15 Likes

If you think about it, that pretty much defines her. She was never the solo star (except in her own talk show, etc.) but rather part of an ensemble, playing her part so perfectly that she made each role irreplaceable.

17 Likes

For those that have Hulu, they are spotlighting her appearance on SNL on the main page. It was pretty good. I didn’t really watch SNL during that time period, but I like a lot of the cast. Oddly, they omit the Jay-Z musical appearances.

3 Likes

IMPORTANT!

SNL will re-run her episode TONIGHT at the usual time (11:30/10:30):

https://www.showbiz411.com/2022/01/01/nbc-will-rerun-saturday-night-live-with-betty-white-tonight-from-2010-as-a-tribute

10 Likes
9 Likes

from

18 Likes

giphy (53)

6 Likes

Her guest host stint in 2010 remains one of the very best SNL episodes. Available on archive dot org:

[uh, the only thing that doesn’t age so well, for me, was the opening sketch. I never “got” that sketch, which they did at least 4 times, over the years. People actually have that birth defect. How is that funny?]

1 Like

Seen on the interwebs:

Betty White did not die. She grabbed 2021 by the throat, said “I’m taking you with me, you son of a b****,.” and dragged it into the fires of Mordor to save us all. That’s it, in my head it’s canon, and 2022 will be better for it.

I’m sticking with that version.

25 Likes

26 Likes

This loss brought a tear to my eye more than once now.

12 Likes

Wow, that really hit right in the feels.

10 Likes